01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Username or Password Wrong

Simon 2.0

Hi, I just got a new NVR (same model as the old one), but when I set it up using all the same cables as the old NVR the camera's say 'No Link'. Under Status there is an 'Exception' which says 'The username or the password is wrong' (see image). I've tried changing the password for each camera and the whole system but it is still not recognising them.

I have 4x Cameras that are powered through network cables
Hikvision DS-7600 Series NVR
I have selected 'Plug-and-Play' option for each camera, but also tried 'Manual' to no avail

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

20201105_141347.jpg

Hi @Simon 2.0

What exact NVR model do you have and what camera models do you have?

All Hikvision. The cameras are all A ADV-2355 4mm IP Turret Dome Cameras and the NVR Model Number is; DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B). Hope this helps.

Thanks Dan

ok,

Did you have the cameras connected to an old Hikvision NVR before this new 7604(B) NVR?

When you tried to change the passwords of the cameras did you take them off the NVR and connect them to a switch on your local network?

Yes, they were connected to another 7604 NVR which looks the same but the interface on the new box is slightly fresher.

The cameras were set to 'Plug and Play' so they should work off main admin password, however I tried changing each to 'Manual' and then selected 'Use Camera Activation Password' but this didn't work (as per image). I never tried connecting them to a switch on my local network (as far as I'm aware).

Thanks

campic.jpg

Ok, it is a little more complicated than that.

So as well as the new user interface the new 7604(B) NVRs feature new security measures that directly connected Hikvision cameras will only activate/connect if the camera password or NVRs activation password is a strong password, the below thread explains this:

But the larger issue you will have is that you are not using Hikvision cameras and 3rd-party cameras will not be activated when directly connected to a Hikvision NVR. With a 3rd-party camera you will need to do the following:

- take the cameras off the NVR and connect them to your local network on a PoE Injector or PoE switch
- find the devices on your local network using the manufacturers IP utility or a universal IP utility
- Change the cameras IP address to your local network range
- Login with a browser and change the cameras password
- return to the IP utility and change the IP address back to the original NVR subnet address (e.g. 192.168.254.4)
- Reconnect the camera back to the NVR and under the channel settings for that camera enter the new strong password you just set and the camera should connect to the NVR

Potentially, if the cameras you have are an old OEM Hikvision brand they may support the activation/plug & play but due to the new security measures your old password is probably not strong enough and so you will need to hard reset the camera so they are freshly activated with new strong activation password that you set on the NVR.

Back