01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Using a People Counting Camera with an NVR

Hi

New to this forum as HikVision UK support refuse to help me as I'm not a trade customer. I'm hoping someone here can help.

We have an NVR model: ds-7732ni-14/16p and a people counting camera model iDS-2CD6810F/C. I have checked and both are running latest firmware.

The camera plugs straight into the NVR and auto-sets up. I can log into the NVR through the website and watch the camera fine. In order to calibrate the line and settings for counting though I am aware I need to use the web interface of the camera or through the NVR interface.

I found this video:
but my NVR doesn't have "people counting" in the left hand menu of the configuration screen.

I have: vehicle detection, VCA, Human Body Capture options but no "people counting".

Anyone have ideas?

Attachments

• hikvision.jpg
    hikvision.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 224
What firmware versions are you actually running on the camera and NVR please?
Their self-check function for the latest firmware does not work :(
You need to check the portals for the latest version:

I used the self check option and it said it was all up to date.

Firmware version: V4.21.006 build 190531

Web Version V4.0.1 build 190505

Ok. I'll give that a go and let you know know if it works. Thanks for your help!

You're welcome.
Check the camera firmware version too.

I've upgraded the NVR firmware:

1578495746536.png

Still only getting these options though:

1578495767952.png

Any ideas?

The user manual for your camera seems to suggest the People Counting settings should be accessed by logging directly into the camera.

If the camera is directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR you will need to enable Virtual Host in the NVR setting to allow you to log in to individual cameras.

Hi

Not sure why it shows in the NVR for that YouTube video if the option is no longer available.

Dan, I've folowed your instructions and enabled Virtual Host. However, the username and password is not being accepted on the camera. I've tried using "admin" and the NVR password and it won't be accepted. Any ideas? Thanks.

Did you have your people counting camera connected directly to the PoE ports on the NVR when you first installed it or did you activate it on your network first using a PoE switch/Injector and then connect it to the NVR?

If it was connected directly fresh out of the box it should have been activated by the NVR and should be using the NVRs password, if you did manually activate it before connecting it to the NVR it may have a different password which you should know as you will have set it, if you don't know it then you may have to hard reset the camera and reactivate the camera by connecting directly to the PoE ports.

It was plugged into the NVR fresh out of the box. I also plugged 10 other new cameras in at the same time. The NVR password doesn't work for any of them.

Just to confirm I'm using the correct details, the password they would be set to would be the main Admin user that I use to log into the NVR?

Yes, if the cameras were initially plug 'n' play connected to the NVR's POE ports, then they would have been issued with the same user name and password that you set/use for the NVR.

Ok. Got it working. I was entering the username and password for the Admin user for the NVR. I needed to use username "admin" and the "Channel Default Password".

Thanks for your help. Hopefully this thread will help people in the future too. :)

Back