01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Using Chromecast with Google TV to Live view Hik-Connect on your TV

Newtothis

I have been looking for an easy, wireless way to view the live feed on my living room TV. I just bought a Chromecast with google TV to replace my Chromecast ultra. Sideload Hik-connect, Install Button Mapper, and now when i press the input button on the chromecast remote, Hik-connect appears on the living room TV. £60 for the Chromecast with Google TV, that i was buying anyway, solved my problem.

Hi @Newtothis

Thanks for posting about this, as you are probably aware a lot of forum users post about wanting to find a simple solution to get their Hik-Connect on to their TVs.

Would you be able to post some steps with how you got this working? Screenshot and/or photos of the set up would also be really useful.

Sorry, im not very good with instructions. I followed instructions like the ones in this Link, but replaced the APK with the Hik-connect APK. I then installed Button Mapper on the Chromecast and remapped a button to open the app. When finished, the app icon didnt show on the home screen but was in the list of apps.
This Youtube Video shows how to get the app icon on the homescreen.

Last edited:
Thanks @Newtothis that really helps and I'm sure we can work from those guides if anybody is interested :)

If you have a set-top box (eg Nvidia Shield) connected to your TV, you can get the same result by side loading Hik-Connect onto it - without using Chromecast. Smart Android TVs may even be able to side load Hik-Connect directly onto the TV.

Back