01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Using Hikvision Acusense cameras combined with alarm system

nscuro

Hi,

I´m building a security system for my house, and I need a combined solution with Acusense cameras and the AX hybrid alarm system to protect the residence, but I have an important question:

• Can I configure DS-2CD2386G2-I(U) acusense cameras in order to trigger a DS-PSG-WO siren that is connected to a DS-PHA64-W2P alarm, through a DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S NVR? The reason for doing this is to detect an intruder in the middle of the night, but if as a user I only receive an e-mail, or Hik-connect notification, I will not listen to it. So it´s important to trigger the siren through the alarm system.
I know that there is an acusense camera that has an embedded light and alarm, but the problem I have there is that to cover the 100% of the residence I need 13 cameras, and they don´t have the function to arm/disarm all with one clic. I need to do it individually. So my idea is to keep the cameras always armed with human detection, and arm/disarm the alarm panel.

What do you think? Is it possible to trigger the external siren through the acusense camera event connected according to my diagram? I´m not sure if the selected acusense camera has the capability of doing this, or I should move to another camera model with alarm in/out interfaces, for example DS-2CD2H86G2-IZS.

Best regards.

Nicolas

Did you mean to attach a diagram?
Is the intended camera outdoors?
IMHO you would soon regret connecting any form of video detection alarm (from an outdoor camera) to a sounder that wakes you up.

I think most real users will concur ... :oops:

Thanks for your answer Phil. Attached you will find the diagram. This cameras will be located outdoors, but only at the back and sides of my house, so no people should be there.

Do you think it is possible to trigger the alarm according to what I designed, through the NVR or I should move to the DS-2CD2H86G2-IZS camera that has alarm in/out?

Attachments

• Connectiviy Diagram.pdf
    148.6 KB · Views: 809
I've integrated my 7608-NI NVR with a GSD alarm system for the one key disarm function. I've a single Bullet Camera out front with strobe/speaker set to rotweiler barking on a double loop and a turret camera inside my shed with a siren sound together with it's strobe. I have a master blaster I could also hook up to the shed camera and it's LOUD not not yet.
Since I got the cameras all intruders have come in the front so I don't need strobe/sound upgrades for all my cameras but I'm hoping the dog sounds wak me up so I can track the intruder if that doesn't scare them off.
It should be possible to wire up a 12v strobe light and wire that into your bedroom but I doubt that will wake you up plus what false alarms are you getting currently? My Gas boiler exhaust sets my rear camera off on cold mornings. You could attach a 12v internal siren off the NVR or use the alarm input on your alarm system to blast the whole alarm system off?! That's nice if you've neighbours!!
So rereading your question - if you have an alarm out on the NVR and alarm in on the alarm panel or even a panic button input you should be set. I find the NVR only puts out 4v, not 12v so if you may need to measure and see - my integration uses a relay so the 4v the NVR is cut/connected fine, you may need some voltage rectification or a 12v relay on couple the alarm as the alarm will add 12v to the circuit otherwise giving 0 or 16v? Anyway, best of luck with the integration!

Thanks for your answer Mile. I have an additional question. The alarm out ports of the cameras are "virtual"? The thing is that I have 13 cameras and the NVR has only 4 alarm in ports. Of course they are physical ports. Considering that the cameras are connected to the PoE ports of the NVR, I will not have any limitations with the alarm inputs of the NVR (in case they could be "virtual") or I will still have the limit of 4 alarm inputs?

Kind regards.

Nicolas

you only have 1 physical output on the NVR - this is the key one, any camera can trigger this output though.
When I go to my NVR 4.0 interface, system, event, select a camera, they all have Alarm Output options "Local->1" and that's the single NVR alarm output you could you for your purposes. Then you can go to each camera and choose motion detection, linkage action and select trigger alarm output for Local->1 for those cameras you want this integration on (external but not internal cameras for instance).
You could hook up a relay with multiple outputs to the single NVR output to expand on options and add a timer etc but that's where I'm exploring currently for a single camera.
Hope this helps!

Excellent Mike! Thank you very much for your help! I will try that option.

Best regards.

Nicolas

Back