01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Victure PC540

Chris_yorks

Hello and thanks for reading.
I have purchased a cheap Victure camera with PTZ & night vision.
this works very well with the Andoid IPC360 app.
I would like to use the camera just on my LAN but all avenues (I spy) (VLC) etc with the cameras ip address have failed.
I believe the camera needs pairing with the router using the android app and once done, surely there must be a way of accessing the video stream.

I did manage it once using the windows version of the ipc360 app and disconnection my router from the internet so I know it is possible to view on the lan only, but this method is far too clunky.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Your camera needs a few things:
It needs a valid IP address - within your network's domain range
It needs to know your router's IP address
And, to use external services e.g. find portals on the internet it will need access to a DNS service such as Google's own at 8.8.8.8

Thanks,
The settings are all in range etc. I can ping the camera and get a reply.
Ideally I want to view just on my LAN via a browser or VLC and not through any internet portal.
The camera is streaming to the router and I can access this externally, I would like to access this stream from within my LAN.

Thank you

You will probably need to speak to the manufacturer to:
  • Be able to access it in your browser - most manufacturers just use port 80, so as soon as you access the IP address (try Internet Explorer) and login you see video.
  • For streaming to VLC, you'll typically need to know their url formats.

Example urls for Hikvision are:

Your camera needs a few things:
It needs a valid IP address - within your network's domain range
It needs to know your router's IP address
And, to use external services e.g. find portals on the internet it will need access to a DNS service such as Google's own at 8.8.8.8
Hi ... I want to login my IPC360 to PC-Windows LAN... I see IP camera, but I cant ping it ... any suggestion please

Back