01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

View cameras with long distance

gasparri

Hello,
I have an issue with my security system and I hope that someone can help me.
So, I have at floor 0 an Hikvision Acusense with 7 cameras connected.
My need is to view all this camera at floor 1 and in 4 different apartments.
Does anyone know any solution that can be good for my situation?
I don't know if is better a tablet with hik connect in each apartment mounted on the wall or use hdmi cables.
The best solution probably would be a sort of decoder that uses LAN or WIFI and then connect the decoder to a monitor but I don't know if something like this exist.

Thanks for who will reply.

It depends:

You can use Hikvision's Hik-Connect App on Android or IOS devices - to access the NVR & cameras on devices that you already own e.g. phones & tablets.

You could extend the NVR's HDMI output to as many monitors as you wish - using HDMI gadgets (either over dedicated cables or vis your network) - this method will just display / no interaction.

You could purchase a network decoder to display an arrangement of cameras on multiple monitors (it's likely that this would allow you no interaction i.e. just an arrangement of camera views permanently displayed).

It depends:

You can use Hikvision's Hik-Connect App on Android or IOS devices - to access the NVR & cameras on devices that you already own e.g. phones & tablets.

You could extend the NVR's HDMI output to as many monitors as you wish - using HDMI gadgets (either over dedicated cables or vis your network) - this method will just display / no interaction.

You could purchase a network decoder to display an arrangement of cameras on multiple monitors (it's likely that this would allow you no interaction i.e. just an arrangement of camera views permanently displayed).

Is there a way for let me see my cameras on a TV without using cables like HDMI, etc. but using WIFI and maybe an Android TV Box or something similar?

Is there a way for let me see my cameras on a TV without using cables like HDMI, etc. but using WIFI and maybe an Android TV Box or something similar?
If you have an android box you can side load iVMS-4500 or Hik-Connect and then add the NVR to the app using it's local IP address if it's in range of the WiFi. This will work but the app is not designed for TV use so won't look too great.

Alternatively (IMHO this is the far better solution). You mention apartments - if the TV's in the apartments are connected to a communal TV aerial system for Freeview, you can install a DVB HDMI modulator. You take the HDMI of the NVR and connect it to the modulator. The aerial cable feeds through the modulator before it splits off to any of the apartments. The modulator is assigned a DVB channel and then all TV's on the aerial system can tune into that signal folllowing a channel scan. This will enable the video from the NVR to be viewed at 1080P resolution on all of the TV's. Technomate do such a modulator for under £150 on Amazon - I have one and it works a treat. Any aerial installer would be able to supply and fit the device if you're not confident to do it yourself (you'll probably need CAT5E HDMI extenders to get the NVR HDMI output the extended distance to the aerial).

Back