01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Viewing CCTV remotely

ian mack 2307

Hello everyone....part of my job is to ask various companies to send me cctv footage. At present they have to capture the footage, download it, upload it to a special file and then hope I can view it ...if everyone's coding and specs match! Its not great. So...I was wondering if there is a way for me to 'log in' to cctv systems held by companies (with their agreement of course) so that I can view what's required live.

One issue is that all the different companies may have different CCTV systems, but I wondered if any cctv cameras with IP addresses can be used no matter what the system is?

Thanks for any guidance
Ian

Hi @ian mack 2307

Most CCTV systems can be port forwarded which will allow you to log in to the businesses system from any browser on any network, but as you will see from the guide this does require some adjustments to the businesses local network which they may not be happy with for security reasons.

Some brands do also offer remote access methods but there is no one universal tool you can use to access any cameras from any manufacturer.

Hi @ian mack 2307

Most CCTV systems can be port forwarded which will allow you to log in to the businesses system from any browser on any network, but as you will see from the guide this does require some adjustments to the businesses local network which they may not be happy with for security reasons.

Some brands do also offer remote access methods but there is no one universal tool you can use to access any cameras from any manufacturer.
Thank you Dan - that's great. It gives me some idea of what is possible and what isn't at least. Much appreciated

Hi @ian mack 2307

Dan, did you say there was a 'guide' I can look at for this issue? Thanks
Ian

Yes, if you click the 'Port Forwarded' hyperlink in my original message that will take you to the guide.

Back