• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Viewing cctv via xmeye app works from wifi but not on 3g/phone network

DR_Smith

Thread starter #1
Hello,

I am having problems seeing dvr/cctv cameras via my phone using xmeye app over phone network.
It produces "network error 99993".
The xmeye app works at home via the wifi and at my local Tesco.
I have googled extensively for this error but without luck, so have signed up to this forum. :)

It isn't apparent if this is an error produced by phone (comms) or the app, I think it is the app but can't be sure.
I have had the cctv for several years and never been able to connect via phone/3g connection.

The dvr menu shows:
Cloud: Coonnected
Network, DHCP Enable ticked

Given that it works for wifi, I am hoping that points to where the problem lies.
TIA
Dave

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, although I can see that a few people have come to this forum seeking help with xmeye, we at use-IP have no experience with it.

Is it possible to contact xmeye?

It's quite a common issue for people to be able to connect when at home i.e. Local Area Network Wi-Fi.
But, as you can connect when using Wi-Fi at another site (Tesco) this rules out issues associated with it not being internet available, and may tend towards bandwidth/signal related issues i.e. your mobile phone's connection signal strength / bandwidth on 3G.

DR_Smith

Thread starter #3
Thank-you Phil, I did look to see if forum was company specific before signing up, but questions seemed open.
I pondered bandwidth but have no means to show if that is so.
I hoped googling the error code would give what I thought would be a common problem/answer but conspicuous by its absence.
I will try contacting xmeye direct.
Thank-you for your thoughts.
Dave

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dave,
No problem with you asking the question here.
Sorry we can't be more helpful.
Somebody with experience / knowledge of xmeye may drop-by and be able to help you better than we can.
Good Luck with it.

DR_Smith

Thread starter #5
Thank-you Steve.
I can't find any way to contact xmeye, so stumped for tme being.