01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Viewing cctv via xmeye app works from wifi but not on 3g/phone network

DR_Smith

Hello,

I am having problems seeing dvr/cctv cameras via my phone using xmeye app over phone network.
It produces "network error 99993".
The xmeye app works at home via the wifi and at my local Tesco.
I have googled extensively for this error but without luck, so have signed up to this forum. :)

It isn't apparent if this is an error produced by phone (comms) or the app, I think it is the app but can't be sure.
I have had the cctv for several years and never been able to connect via phone/3g connection.

The dvr menu shows:
Cloud: Coonnected
Network, DHCP Enable ticked

Given that it works for wifi, I am hoping that points to where the problem lies.
TIA
Dave

Unfortunately, although I can see that a few people have come to this forum seeking help with xmeye, we at use-IP have no experience with it.

Is it possible to contact xmeye?

It's quite a common issue for people to be able to connect when at home i.e. Local Area Network Wi-Fi.
But, as you can connect when using Wi-Fi at another site (Tesco) this rules out issues associated with it not being internet available, and may tend towards bandwidth/signal related issues i.e. your mobile phone's connection signal strength / bandwidth on 3G.

Thank-you Phil, I did look to see if forum was company specific before signing up, but questions seemed open.
I pondered bandwidth but have no means to show if that is so.
I hoped googling the error code would give what I thought would be a common problem/answer but conspicuous by its absence.
I will try contacting xmeye direct.
Thank-you for your thoughts.
Dave

Hi Dave,
No problem with you asking the question here.
Sorry we can't be more helpful.
Somebody with experience / knowledge of xmeye may drop-by and be able to help you better than we can.
Good Luck with it.

Thank-you Steve.
I can't find any way to contact xmeye, so stumped for tme being.

Hallo, I fight with this problem for some time now, and finally got the solution !

1. You just need to log in to your camera.

Easy way how to do it, is to use the CMS smoftware from CD you got with IP CAM. In this case you dont need to know IP of your cam. CMS will find it automaticaly.

If you dont have CD and CMS, never mind, just connect straight to Cams IP. Do it from the PC on the same network or wifi and log to IP of you cam. In most cases the IP is written on camera itself. Try it first, but this IP can change...so maybe it wont work.

If you dont know the IP use some network scan program to find it out. Or look at your router for connected devices.

In win10 you have to use old internet explorer (just type explorer to program search). Conenct to IP and It will ask you to install ActiveX component...do it. There is a chance it will work. In my case it crashes everytime I clicked to config tab, so I had to use CMS.

2. IP cam settings
After successfully logged, just go to internet option of your IP cam and check the box "use DNS"

you are done :)

you cam is now accessible from your wifi, same as from mobile data plan.

how to check the problem quickly: in xmeye, there is a setting for each camera. In this settings you will find out "Cloud status". This status has to be: connected.
If it is not connected and it says: checking DNS, or getting config, or connecting....mostly you have exactly similar problem.

Guys, hope I helped you....took me a while to find it out :)
NV

Hello,

I am having problems seeing dvr/cctv cameras via my phone using xmeye app over phone network.
It produces "network error 99993".
The xmeye app works at home via the wifi and at my local Tesco.
I have googled extensively for this error but without luck, so have signed up to this forum. :)

It isn't apparent if this is an error produced by phone (comms) or the app, I think it is the app but can't be sure.
I have had the cctv for several years and never been able to connect via phone/3g connection.

The dvr menu shows:
Cloud: Coonnected
Network, DHCP Enable ticked

Given that it works for wifi, I am hoping that points to where the problem lies.
TIA
Dave
For anyone struggleing to connect Xmeye Via 3G 4G 5G when it works ok on wifi make sure in your DVR config / Device Config webpage, under Network

Make sure you uncheck UPNP and use a fixed ip in device config for your DVR Example 192.168.0.107 assuming your netork is configed to 192.168.0.1
if its 10.0.0.1 then set DVR to something like 10.0.0.10 etc
To confirm your network internal ip's press Windows and X on keyboard and run Command prompt as Admin then type "ipconfig" without quotes there you will see ip addresses and default gateway which is your LANs default ip and geteway for your router and current network settings.

Make sure in the DVR Network settings your IP is fixed with UPNP unchecked then the default gateway set to what was shown in Ipconfig so example if your default gateway says 192.168.0.1 then set it to that, then set the DNS to what it says in your Routers config page, i set my cams to a fixed internal ip of 192.168.0.107 and default gateway was 192.168.0.4, with my DNS in router set to 192.168.4.100.

Media port 34567 and http port 80 yours may be different but default for most DVRs using xmeye is 34567 and 80 you dont need to port forward in your router settings you just need to find your internal DNS from router config webpage then your default gateway from Ipconfig.
Make sure all those settings are correct and match in your DVR's webconfig page under Device config and you will be able to view your CCTV over your own wifi and 3G 4G 5G mobile data from anywhere in the world.

Hope this helps someone as i set mine up a while ago but on changing to a new router its stopped working and i found that the primary DNS in my DVR was set default at 192.168.0.1 instead of what was in my router which was 192.168.0.4.

So to Summarize as as long as the DVR configs matches what your network settings are it will work from anywhere on wifi and mobile data..

and here can be found a list of common XmEye error codes

Also if you are struggleing to view your Webpage CCTV configs for DVR using Microsoft Edge you can set that Tab that your ip for cams is on to work in Internet explorer compatability mode so saving that Webconfigs ip to your DVR will automatically open Edge in IE mode and that way the Activex that is no longer supported under Windows 10 and 11 will allow you to View and Config your CCTV cameras and DVR using Edge in Internet explorer MODE, look here.

or google

How to enable IE mode on Microsoft Edge​

;)

Last edited:
Back