01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Viewing your Hikvision cameras in Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Update 19th September 2018:
Apple Safari 12 and Hikvision cameras

One of the best features of an IP camera is the ability to simply view it within your browser. Unfortunately in order to do this though, you need a plug-in called web components. When you try to view your cameras on PC you are prompted with a message notifying you that you need to download the plug-in, however on a Mac, there is no such notification leading users to believe that their Hikvision cameras are faulty or possible not compatible.

Now, if you head over to http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html you will be able to download the Mac OS Plug-in. Installation is fairly straightforward. Once you have installed the plug in, you should be able to view your cameras within safari. Make sure you have 'Webcomponents' selected from the plug-in list though.

7wM9zTD.png

Everything should work from this point. If you experience any issues past this point, feel free to ask any questions below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the plugin also usable for an Iphone , if this is possible how can i get this in my iphone. I am searching this already a long time but until now zero. Thank you

No, I'm afraid not. If you want to view your cameras via an iOS device, you'd need to use Hikvision's free app for iOS, iVMS 4500

IMG_1862.JPG
One of the best features of an IP camera is the ability to simply view it within your browser. Unfortunately in order to do this though, you need a plug-in called web components. When you try to view your cameras on PC you are prompted with a message notifying you that you need to download the plug-in, however on a Mac, there is no such notification leading users to believe that their Hikvision cameras are faulty or possible not compatible.

Now, if you head over to Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd. you will be able to download the Mac OS Plug-in. Installation is fairly straightforward. Once you have installed the plug in, you should be able to view your cameras within safari. Make sure you have 'Webcomponents' selected from the plug-in list though.

7wM9zTD.png

Everything should work from this point. If you experience any issues past this point, feel free to ask any questions below.
Im having issues watching a DS-9664NI-I8 Hikvision NVR using IVMS-4200 on Mac computers (green flashing screens)..Hikvision highest level tech support says the issue is with the video card of the Mac computers.
Should i be able to use Safari to watch NVR on the local network without this issues?
Same issue happen to me with the 32 channels turbo DVR....
Im in USA i noticed your recommendation is from an overseas hikvision webpage....would it work here in USA?
Thanks,

Last edited:
Hey Miguel, we had the same issue with a customer of us, support told us exactly the same thing -_-

We did two things, updating the iOS to the lastest version (here it is Sierra 10.12.6) and in the iVMS Client disable the highlight option (screenshot)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 08.09.22.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 08.09.22.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,423
Hey Miguel, we had the same issue with a customer of us, support told us exactly the same thing -_-

We did two things, updating the iOS to the lastest version (here it is Sierra 10.12.6) and in the iVMS Client disable the highlight option (screenshot)
I will try that on Wednesday and let you know.
Did you try on Safari as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back