01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Villa door station with IP cameras via NVR not working

Ajroberts

Hi all,

Been racking my little tired brain about this. I am trying to add IP cameras to the new villa door station (DS-KV8113-WME1) via an NVR (DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P)

So my set up is
Number of IP cameras connected to the NVR (192.168.0.15), NVR connected to ubiquiti managed switch then via an unmanaged POE switch (Some ***hole forgot to buy a POE swtich) for the external door station and internal door station.

So I have got on the NVR virtual host enabled and can log on to each camera via 192.168.0.15:65001 - 65008.
When I try and add in to the door station an ip camera on any of the following ip's and ports I get an error returned when trying to live view it on the indoor station.
192.168.0.15 :554
192.168.0.15:65001 +
192.168.254.2:554

I have set the gateway on the cameras to 192.168.254.1 and the mask to 255.255.0.0 on everything. There is no flow control on the switch or snooping etc. I have the video feed of the door station recording on to a channel of the NVR already. Door station works perfectly with hik connect and indoor station (after there was an IP conflict of both wireless and wired connections, wireless is now disabled)

I might be missing something here but I am sleepy and tired and can't think anymore. Anyone got any ideas how to connect it.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Ajroberts

I think the issue is that you have the cameras directly connected to the NVRs PoE ports, when you do this the cameras are added to the NVR subnet IP range (e.g. 192.168.254.xxx) and are no longer visible from outside the NVR. The Virtual host setting allows you to access the camera settings but these are only virtual links and cannot be used for full remote access of individual cameras and are not visible to the door station.

I think you will need to add the cameras to your PoE switch and set them to the local network IP range (192.168.0.xxx) so that they are visible to both the NVR and the intercom.

Hi Dan,

I think you will need to add the cameras to your PoE switch and set them to the local network IP range (192.168.0.xxx) so that they are visible to both the NVR and the intercom.

Can you explain in more detail how to execute this. I have the same problem, Hikvision DVR connected to directly to 8 cameras and I can see the cameras in the program but not directly in the indoor station. Do I have to buy a new PoE switch to connect the cameras and then connect them to the NVR and be able to see them on the program and indoor station?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Hi @PVieira

Basically yes, but the PoE switch cannot be directly connected to the NVR, it needs to be connected elsewhere on your local network (e.g. directly into the router, into a network wall port, a standard non-PoE switch, etc...) so that the individual cameras each have their own IP address and can be added to the indoor station and the NVR individually.

Hi all

Bit delayed, I figured the way to do it.

Stream encryption needs to be off.
Ip address is the ip on nvr
Port is 554
Channel number is the channel on the nvr ie 1-8
User name and password of nvr.

But the stream encryption needs to be off for it to work.

All the best

Back