01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Vivotek CC8130 IP Camera Review

Harri Whipp

Administrator
cc8130-300x300.jpg

We have had many Vivotek cameras in the office and we even use the IP8332 and the PD8136 Pan/Tilt camera as part of our office security. Today we will be having a look at their brand new 'cube' camera (although not cube in shape!), the 1MP CC8130. Although we were a bit unsure about it when we got it out of the box, as soon as we set it up we were amazed by this little camera.

This tiny camera has many great features. It's a 1mp camera that can shoot 30fps at 1280 x 800 with a viewing angle of 180 degrees. The design of the camera is also great as it is compact and fits seamlessly into an office environment. Even though it isn't mentioned as one of the features on the data sheet we were very impressed with the design of how the ethernet cable fits (see pictures below), making installation easy and the camera itself very tidy. This camera is also ONVIF compliant and uses Power Over Ethernet (preferred method of 95% of our customers).

In my opinon, this camera is a one of a kind camera from Vivotek. It may only be a 1MP camera but the field of view is so big and gives you such a clear view of the scene that it could possibly do the same job of 2 or maybe even more cameras! Why not take a look at our unboxing video:

This camera has a unique PoE port design. Your ethernet plug slots through the bracket and is held securely in place, and the camera slots on top of the bracket and ethernet port. This makes set up so much easier and keeps the whole thing a lot tidier. Below are some images of this.

cc8130-ethernet-port.jpg
We recorded all of the footage for this camera using our QNAP Viostor but we also set it up using Vivotek's FREE St7501 software. We felt that both of these solutions are good but as this camera is ONVIF compliant it will work with any ONVIF recording devices.​
Why not find out more about the Vivotek range at our Vivotek Forum?
We used the camera webclient to set the camera up, which also allows you to edit all settings for the camera. Below is a screenshot in the web client and a snapshot we took using our QNAP. (Click the images for full resolution).​
cc8130.png
VGS3F97.jpg

We also captured some sample footage that we shot over two days:

I feel that this is a really great buy and that Vivotek have made a great little camera; one of the best 180 degree view cameras I have seen! Even though the camera is only a 1MP, it still gives you good enough quality to get good images of the whole scene. It is also a bargain; you won't get this same functionality from another camera in this price range.​
I would suggest that this camera is perfect for an office or classroom environment because of the size and look. Most users will also be attracted by the endless recording options as it is ONVIF compliant.​
This compact 1mp cube camera offers a great value 180 degree field of view indoor IP camera!​

Back