01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

VS Player Format Converter

chineplate

I can't get the VS player format converter to function as expected. I can load an encrypted file into VS player and then unlock it and play it in VS player. I then select Toolbox/Convert and drag the unlocked file into the format converter window, immediately I get a popup window saying "Invalid Saving Path". I am unable to enter a saving path in the Converter as the entry box is greyed out. Any ideas welcome

I can't get the VS player format converter to function as expected. I can load an encrypted file into VS player and then unlock it and play it in VS player. I then select Toolbox/Convert and drag the unlocked file into the format converter window, immediately I get a popup window saying "Invalid Saving Path". I am unable to enter a saving path in the Converter as the entry box is greyed out. Any ideas welcome

There’s a bug, run it as admin.

Tried running as administrator and still get the same result.

@chineplate My OS is Win10 Pro 64bit, VSPlayer V7.4.1 build 20180702.
If I do not run it as administrator I have the same problems you mentioned, Hikvision also say this is a known bug.. Ran as administrator it works fine, I wonder if there is another rights problem? can you login as administrator and try?

OK thanks.
As a comparator I'm running windows 10 Home 64bit and VSPlayer V7.4.3 build 20190709.
I have the only account on my PC and it is an administrator account.
You'll have to give me a clue how I can find other rights issues. Thanks for your time.

OK thanks.
As a comparator I'm running windows 10 Home 64bit and VSPlayer V7.4.3 build 20190709.
I have the only account on my PC and it is an administrator account.
You'll have to give me a clue how I can find other rights issues. Thanks for your time.

Are you right clicking the vsplayer icon and selecting run as admin from the drop down box?

I had been doing this, however, when I right click and select run as administrator from either the desktop shortcut or from the start menu VS player fails to open.

I had been doing this, however, when I right click and select run as administrator from either the desktop shortcut or from the start menu VS player fails to open.

when I right click....

select run as administrator
a second dialogue box opens asking me if I want to run vsplayer.exe, I click yes.
vsplayer opens and all tools work as normal.

what happens when you right click another program shortcut and run as admin? if you do not see the second dialog box you may need to reset the security permissions (I think) to default.

When I right click any app, none will open as administrator. I'll look into the security permissions a little further and report back. Thanks for you help.

When I right click any app, none will open as administrator. I'll look into the security permissions a little further and report back. Thanks for you help.

Your firewall may affect app permissions as well. Good luck.

Back