01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What are iVMS 4200 Best Settings to get the most out of it.

OsoPolar

HI Guys
Are there any preferred settings you should change in iVMS 4200 depending on your equipment.
I find some installers just shove it in a leave it at default which i guess is ok but are you getting the best from your cameras?

1. CCTV DVR Unit iDS-7208HUHI-M1/FA 192.168.23.180
  2. Intercom Panel DS-KH9510-WTE1 192.168.23.182
  3. Modular Intercom Unit DS-KD8003-IME1 192.168.23.184
  4. Dome Camera IP DS-2DE3A400BW-DE 192.168.23.185
  5. Also 7 New Analog CAMs DS-2CE72HFT-F28(2.8MM)/GREY
What settings should i employ on the 7x DS-2CE72HFT-F28 and the DS-2DE3A400BW-DE2021

Also is there any tutorials on how to set zones for motion and how best to use them?

If any further information is required just ask i will provide

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @OsoPolar

It's difficult to give lots of recommended settings as these vary and need to be tailored to each setup, e.g. the lighting, level of activity, main areas to cover with a camera all influence the settings which will get the most from your cameras.

So, with video and image settings, it really is just trial and error. You will need to log into the IP cameras directly to access the advanced image settings by searching for each's IP address in a web browser.

Some settings that we commonly recommend for any setup are:
  • It is good to use the H.265 or even H.265+ compression codecs for the best bandwidth and storage savings.

• 15fps is adequate for the frame rate as it maintains smooth video while saving on bandwidth and storage.

• Variable bitrate is also best in most cases (this means the bitrate will change but the video quality will not, whereas fixed bitrate means that video quality might be affected if the bitrate required is above the cap that you set on it).

• Continuous recording is always recommended, as event-based recording could lead to the recording of important periods being missed and should not be relied on.

This guide covers setting up some of the events including motion detection:
How-to: - Part 9: How do I set up VCA events and notifications on my Hikvision device?

These threads contain some good suggestions for the DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5) and other cameras (we have little experience with analogue cameras so I'm not sure what settings are actually available via your DVR for these):

For the modular intercom, this is a nice how-to video that covers all of the settings and features:

Hi @OsoPolar

It's difficult to give lots of recommended settings as these vary and need to be tailored to each setup, e.g. the lighting, level of activity, main areas to cover with a camera all influence the settings which will get the most from your cameras.

So, with video and image settings, it really is just trial and error. You will need to log into the IP cameras directly to access the advanced image settings by searching for each's IP address in a web browser.

Some settings that we commonly recommend for any setup are:
  • It is good to use the H.265 or even H.265+ compression codecs for the best bandwidth and storage savings.

• 15fps is adequate for the frame rate as it maintains smooth video while saving on bandwidth and storage.

• Variable bitrate is also best in most cases (this means the bitrate will change but the video quality will not, whereas fixed bitrate means that video quality might be affected if the bitrate required is above the cap that you set on it).

• Continuous recording is always recommended, as event-based recording could lead to the recording of important periods being missed and should not be relied on.

This guide covers setting up some of the events including motion detection:
How-to: - Part 9: How do I set up VCA events and notifications on my Hikvision device?

These threads contain some good suggestions for the DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5) and other cameras (we have little experience with analogue cameras so I'm not sure what settings are actually available via your DVR for these):

For the modular intercom, this is a nice how-to video that covers all of the settings and features:
Hi Kyle

Mine are not IP cameras DS-2CE72HFT-F28(2.8MM)/GREY they are analog does that change anything?

Back