01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What camera should I pick

garny68

This pic is taken from my phone at soffit level which is about 22to 25 feet high the blue cat is about 35 ft away I need to be able to pic up the car and that bit of white door to the right.
I have dicided on your 4 port poe hikvision nvr but stuck on a camera.
I was preferring a turret camera for under soffit as more discrete but I'm stuck on diciding 2.4 0r 4mm lense.
Not really bothered what make of turret camera as long as it works with the hikvision nvr but I'd prefer one with sound and trying to keep cost down. I know the dahua do sound but again be unsure which one to get.
Any advice please

4mm
Hik turrets with built-in microphones will be available in the near future (4-6 weeks I guess) but none yet.

Cheers for that. Would a dahua work with the hikvision nvr

Last edited:
If I were to select a Dahua camera, then I'd purchase a Dahua NVR to use with it.
You cam mix & match using ONVIF if you must, but when buying from new it is best to stick with one manufacturer.
Then you can be confident that if you progress to set up for instance complex analytics or actions all will work well together.

I can't recommend Dahua products, just because we don't sell them / don't know the range available, models, performance, etc.

Cheers I may just hang on then and see what the new hikvision with mic are like

Back