01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What hikvision cameras to choose.

lazyricketts

We are looking to get a new cctv system installed. We liked the look of the Hikvision ones.
One camera will be on the back of the house but low down due to cover a newly built extension spanning the back of the house and the other high up on the 1st floor under the soffit looking down on the drive etc.
Our installer originally advised to go with turret cameras due to some of the problems with domes. However due to the camera on the back being low down just above head height I thought a dome camera would be better as it is better suited to anti vandalism.
We are looking at the following cameras;
Hikvision ds-2cd2785g0-izs
Hikvision ds-2cd2385g1-i/b
We like the look of these due to the high resolution and darkfighter technology for low light
We were looking to use the following nvr
Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2-8P | 8 Channel
And a 4tb Western digital purple hard drive
What do people think of this setup?
What do you think is a fair price to get this system supplied and fitted. I have been quoted £1500 - but I can see the camera equipment is only £950 and I have been told its just one day to install. So to me the labour looks high

It's a good kit list.

I suspect that if you added-up the reasonable costs of two men in a van and their sundries for the installation you would get to near £500.

Perhaps get a second quote.

It's a good kit list.

I suspect that if you added-up the reasonable costs of two men in a van and their sundries for the installation you would get to near £500.

Perhaps get a second quote.
I am currently getting a 2nd quote. I think it is just 1 person installing so it just seems expensive for one day.

Back