01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware What is Latest HikVision Firmware for 2x42FWD Models?

Brian

Does any one know if Hikvision have updated there camera firmware for the old DS-2CD2742FWD Dome camera .The last firmware I installed was V5.5.82 build 190220 has this firmware been updated or does it remain the same .

I fully understand that due to the cameras age Hikvision no longer support the camera but not sure if firmware V5.5.82 build 190220 is current . If it has been updated can someone give me the URL for the current firmware .

Many Thanks

Hi @Brian

There isn't a substantially newer firmware version for your camera, but they do appear to have replaced your v5.5.82 build with a slightly newer version - v5.5.82 Build190909

Many Thanks Dan , I did look on there web site but most of the URLs for firmware updates seem to no longer work .But I will down load V5.5.82 Build 190909 .

Many Thanks .

Understood these are older cameras now. I have a few DS-2CD2F22FWD-IS which use the same firmware they are all on 5.5.82 build 190909 None of them support a browser other than IE - they display a browser not supported message in Chrome or Firefox. A long shot I know but would be good if Hikvision would do a further upgrade to at least support a later browser, given that next year IE will go completely out of support.

Hi @CliveC

This is a question that has been asked a lot over the last few years. Hikvision has never given us a firm answer but what we understand from their responses is that these models are now regarded as EOL and thus will not be receiving any further firmware updates, including updates to fix browser support issues. This means that when the end of Internet Explorer does finally arrive you will have to switch to only accessing the cameras with Hikvision iVMS-4200 software or you will have to replace the cameras with newer models that do offer better browser support.

Hi Dan just finished updated the camera firmware on my DS-2CD2742FWD-I dome cameras and was wonder if they had updated the NVR firmware as at the moment its V3.4.103, Build 181226 DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A 8 Channel IP NVR .

Many Thanks

Brian

Hi @Brian

I believe the latest firmware for this model is v3.4.106 but I am not sure if this firmware is compatible with the /A version of the E-series NVRs. Give it a try and see.

Many Thanks Dan I will give it a go , If its not compatible is the V3.4.103, Build 181226 still available to down load , Sorry Dan but that link you gave me :- geregistreerd via Argeweb goes to some dutch web page I dont think its Hikvision .

Many Thanks

Brian

Attachments

• Hikvision EU.JPG
    Hikvision EU.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Hi @Brian

If the firmware is not compatible it won't install at all, but if it does update and you still experience problems then you can find the v3.4.103 firmware below:

Many Thanks Dan for the link but listening to many of the Shop Watch + Hospital channels who use Hikvision cameras in my area it would seem they also are having to reboot there systems since all there cameras were all going off and they would have to reset there systems all very strange .

Thanks again

Brian

Back