01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware What Is The Latest Firmware For My NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P?

Ben Leach

Can somebody please advise the latest version of firmware for my DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P.
Looking at the Hikvision portal I find it difficult to know which ones are relevant to me.

Alos my current firmware version is V3.4.98 build 171121.
Can I jumpt straight to the latest version.

Thanks
Ben

Can somebody please advise the latest version of firmware for my DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P.
Looking at the Hikvision portal I find it difficult to know which ones are relevant to me.

Alos my current firmware version is V3.4.98 build 171121.
Can I jumpt straight to the latest version.

Thanks
Ben
Ben, some interim firmware upgrades prepare for future changes. I would do each upgrade in sequence.

David,
Thanks for your advice - I will do that.
But how do I know which ones are relevant to me / the next one that I need to do in the series.
Thanks
Ben

David,
Thanks for your advice - I will do that.
But how do I know which ones are relevant to me / the next one that I need to do in the series.
Thanks
Ben
Ben, I would do each one in sequence. Others on the forum may know the ones you can skip. If you do skip a critical upgrade your NVR may never work again.

I am struggling to cross reference my model number DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P, and which firmware updates are relevant to my model.
Any pointers?
Thanks
Ben

Dazulrich - Thank you - I will do this now
There are a few posts about the v4 firmware for the K models. Have a read before you upgrade to v4.

The UK portal has the newer versions here. But not going back to your current version?

There have been some reports that too big jumps can cause problems. Wouldn't think that NVR breaks, but some things may not work properly. Don't think you need to upgrade every release. Maybe wait for some others to chip in with hands on experience owning the K series.

Hi @Ben Leach

We would recommend that you update to the first v4.30 firmware (4.30.005) before then updating to the latest v4.30 firmware, this is because the v4.30 firmware is a substantial step and introduces some big changes that may not work properly if you jump over that first version.

Dan,
Thank you for your advice.
So I can jump from 3.4.100 (the version that I am on now) to 4.30.005 and then straight to 4.30.061?
Thanks
Ben

Yes, there should not be any problems if you update in these steps.

Just registered to say thanks for the information in this thread which has allowed me to update both my NVR DS-7608NI-K2 and cameras to the latest firmware. All were about 3 years out of date so good to get them up to the current releases.

Reactions: Dan
Back