01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Whats best 2018

Newbie2018

hello all

Newbie to the CCTV world, but want to add CCTV to my home. I was thinking 3-4 cameras for outside my home.
Low level wall mounted anti vandal dome poe camera's with IR for night time recording. and no white out o

I'll be happy to mount the camera's, trail the cat 5 into my garage to an NVR

For the NVR was thinking of Hiwatch the cheaper brand from hikvision, but open to suggestion, I'm happy to install the hard disks myself if it saves money.

Also I would like to record for a month at approx 24 FPM then overwrite for the next month + access from my mobile phone.

suitable suggestions, much appreciated

Hikvision no longer allow their Hikvision-branded products to be sold to end-users.
We have never offered HiWatch (soon to be replaced by HiLook).
We would recommend Milesight - Milesight ¦ use-IP Ltd

Thanks,

Hilook V milesight. ??

Which would be better, ?

I have briefly seen hilook all over Amazon.

Dave

Hi,
At the moment, only legacy HiWatch/HiLook is available, and this is what you will have seen online - I've only seen HiLook to 1MP so far.
Hikvision have just announced (1st November) that HiLook will be the range going forward.
It was Series 1 in early 2017, HiWatch in late 2017, now HiLook a year later.
I think they will be offering 2 and 4MP cameras from January 2019.
I expect they will be low-priced / good value, but have not yet seen/tested any.
The cameras will be metal-bodied, use EXIR2 infra-red, and h.265 - this is an improvement on HiWatch.
There's a range of NVRs, from the plastic-bodied router-style, to the more usual metal enclosure.
Hikvision are targetting the low-budget homeowner self-installer with the HiLook range.

Milesight is a professional range that end-users are permitted to purchase and self-install.
All Milesight models are manufactured using top quality Sony sensors.
Currently, most of their range uses a 5MP sensor, as they only have one 4K bullet model available right now.
They will be offering a fuller range of 4K bullets and domes from December.
They also offer a full range of NVRs, from small and virtually silent up to 64-camera models (with and without POE).
Milesight are developing their products quite rapidly, and I think we can be confident that we will be able to support and grow systems built with their cameras and recorders for many years to come.

As ever, it's horses for courses.

Back