01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Which ethernet pairs are used to supply power and data to the DS-KD8003-IME1?

jmns79

I would like to know which ethernet pairs (or specific strands) are used to supply power and data to the DS-KD8003-IME1.

We ran a UTP cable to supply power and data to our outdoor station (the DS-KD8003-IME1), but forgot to run additional strands to connect the DS-KD8003-IME1 to the door strike (which is on the other side of the door, and which would mean additional breaking to run a new wire).

We would like to know if there are unused pairs in the ethernet cable we could use for controlling the door strike. Reason: there is a wire pair running from the door strike to the metering cupboard, and the UTP cable that runs to the DS-KD8003-IME1 also arrives here, so we could make the connection here if there are unused UTP strands in the cable running toward the DS-KD8003-IME1 ...

I guess what I need to know is which POE mode HIK uses for this device? Power over Ethernet - Wikipedia : DC on spares or DC and data mixed?

Would an alternative be to use the two-wire version of the DS-KD8003-IME1? Would I loose functionality, or otherwise need additional hardware?

Or is there perhaps another way to control the strike lock from something else than the DS-KD8003-IME1 station itself, but still open the door from the android/ios intercom interface?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

I guess what I need to know is which POE mode HIK uses for this device? Power over Ethernet - Wikipedia : DC on spares or DC and data mixed?
DC on spares. The power will go on the Blue and Brown pairs.

We would like to know if there are unused pairs in the ethernet cable we could use for controlling the door strike. Reason: there is a wire pair running from the door strike to the metering cupboard, and the UTP cable that runs to the DS-KD8003-IME1 also arrives here, so we could make the connection here if there are unused UTP strands in the cable running toward the DS-KD8003-IME1 ...
Even if it were possible I'd not recommend breaking into a CAT5E cable to intercept pairs - it could cause issues with data, particularly if it's an AC strike.

Ok. Clear. Thanks for the reply. Would it be a solution to use the 2-wire version (which again I would have to wire using the strands of the UTP cat 6a cable)? It seems this does not need a separate power supply, so that might work no? I think I will need an additional product to connect the 2 wire to my IP network at the non-hikvision-intercom end of the cable.

So, in this solution 2 wires of the UTP would connect to the 2 wire interface of the hikvision, and 2 other wires of the UTP would connect to the terminal that operates the door lock. In this solution, I would again have to break into the cat6a cable to intercept pairs...

Other solution is opening up the walls again :)

I would like to know which ethernet pairs (or specific strands) are used to supply power and data to the DS-KD8003-IME1.

We ran a UTP cable to supply power and data to our outdoor station (the DS-KD8003-IME1), but forgot to run additional strands to connect the DS-KD8003-IME1 to the door strike (which is on the other side of the door, and which would mean additional breaking to run a new wire).

Would an alternative be to use the two-wire version of the DS-KD8003-IME1? Would I loose functionality, or otherwise need additional hardware?

Or is there perhaps another way to control the strike lock from something else than the DS-KD8003-IME1 station itself, but still open the door from the android/ios intercom interface?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.
Hi

You can do the following only if your strike is 12v DC

Split the RS485 cable and cut the red and black pair and add the red leg to the strike and the black leg in the COM leaving you to use the NO or NC depending on your strike.

Plug the RS485 cable into the KD unit or final loop of the modules used.

I have done this workaround and it works without any issues.

i have my 8003 system only over 2pairs, so i have 2 pairs over for doorstrike
its a 802.3af system; so only wires needed for ethernet + power, limited to 100 mbit, but enough for doorbelll

i only use orange and green pairs 1,2,3,6

so you have blue and brown over for othre stuff

Back