01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Which Hikvision IP intercom Should I go for?

rcoyet

Hi,

After failing to connect my Doorbird intercom to my Hikvison using onvif, I would like to get a Hikvison IP video Intercom.
It should be connected via POE straight to my Hikvision NVR and I should be able to manage it via the NVR, also I’m looking for an indoor station.
Not sure the difference between the Pro and Value Series, but I’m looking at the Value series at the moment and also not sure if the indoor station includes a chime or that’s separate.

I would appreciate if someone can give me some advice.

Thanks
Robert

Hi @rcoyet

The DS-KIS603-P Video Intercom Pro Door Station Kit

The DS-KV6113-WPE1 included in it is a nice outdoor station and from the value series, just be aware that you cannot connect any extra submodules (I.e. a keypad, card reader, etc.) - the chime is also built into the indoor station but you can set it to ring a mobile phone with Hik-Connect as well.

It is one of the few outdoor stations that can be connected to your network by Wi-Fi, but a wired connection is of course more reliable.

However, you won't be able to connect either device to your NVR directly or use the NVR to manage them. This is because they need to connect to each other, and must both be connected to your LAN in order to do so. You can set up and manage the intercom either via iVMS-4200 or directly on the indoor station.

Thank you for your reply.

The DS-KIS603-P Video Intercom Pro Door Station Kit does look nice, but not sure if it will work for me.
I only have a Cat5e cable available for them, don’t have a socket near the place where I want them.
Can both units be connected via POE, and the door station unit connects directly to the indoor station or can be connected via to the router?

My current set-up is that I have a Monitor connected to my NVR and can livestream all cameras.
I would really also want to have the door station on that Monitor so it’s constantly showing live images and records when it detects motion.

Let me know if that’s possible at all.

I appreciate your help.

Statment a bit confusing they cannot be connected together they need to go a router to give them an IP address this can be Poe or non Poe (use the power adapter that comes in the box for non Poe), or WiFi and then connect merely a power adapter (that’s supplied in the box with the 603 kit).

I’ve had 6113 (B) and and non (B), and 8113 (B) all average at best and it’s the same software on most their latest models. Read some of my post, very laggy direct wired on 80meg broadband and don’t record like the inferior Ring style units (which I actually hate) search my post for write ups

Back