01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which Hikvision NVR is best?

DaveBaker

Hi All
new here, looking for advice i am in the throws of upgrading my CCTV
I have decided to go with DS2CD2385G1-I H265+ camera's
my problem lies with choosing the correct NVR i have narrowed it down to two
the DS-7608NI-I2/8P or the DS-7608NI-K1/4P (B)

the Camera's are looking at a garage/lockup that houses a couple of classic cars at some point i may add
an additional camera inside the building.

as i have 8MP camera's so would like to record/play back to that capacity

I have read on on both but the more i read the more confused i get,
i am sure the I series is fine and will do the job, but if the K series is adequate i will go down that route as it is considerably cheaper

hop that all makes sense and appreciate all advice.

Dave

I 100% agree get an “I” series. Then get the bug sell it all on ebay and buy more camera’s and a 16p NVR and then repeat and buy a 32 and even more cameras, gets addictive.

I was keen not to be the first to respond, because as a vendor my point of view may be deemed worth less e.g. the school of thought that I 'would' want you to buy the dearest model.

Buy this model:

Currently, it remains THE most capable 8-camera NVR that Hikvision offer.

We have no foresight yet of a replacement model on the roadmap for 2021.

Hello, what about this DS-7608NI-I2/8P and 8 4k cameras? I want to use 5 DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL cameras and 3 varifocal DS-2CD2786G2-IZS... The specs say that you can only decode 4 X 4k channels. What does it really mean? Eg: I want to watch live my cameras from home on a computer connected to my network (RJ45) or a TV directly connected to the NVR, can I watch 8 channels in 4K or do I have to split my cameras in 2 groups of 4? And what about watching remotely (with Hik Remote)? Is recording 8x 4k cameras possible with this NVR? Thanks for your answers

Hi @Polo2000

Decoding is not related to recording.

The 8-channel NVRs can record all 8 cameras at 8MP/4K resolution, decoding only relates to live view/playback and how many cameras you can view simultaneously. (e.g. 4 x 4K means 4 channels can be viewed at the same time in 4K resolution)

Quite often when people hear this they are a little annoyed, but we always explain that the only way to actually get the full 8MP/4K resolution is to view one 4K camera on a 4K monitor. As soon as you split the live view into 4 cameras, 8 cameras, etc... then each live view window is only taking up a fraction of that 4K screen and thus is not actually a 4K image anyway.

Thanks for your answer Dan, what about Wifi cams with this NVR? Can I add Hikvision indoor Wifi Cams as I don't want to wire the entire house? I only want to add 1 or 2 so it would be 10 cameras including 2 Wifi cams in my house?

Are you wanting to record all 10 cameras to the NVR or just the 2 WiFi cameras?

The 7608 NVR you have linked to above is only an 8-channel NVR so will only support a maximum of 8 cameras, if you need to record all 10 cameras you would need to step up to a 16-channel NVR - DS-7616NI-I2/16P

It should be possible to add Hikvison WiFi cameras to a Hikvision NVR, once you have the cameras added to your local WiFi and can identify their IP addresses you should be able to manually add them to the NVR over the local network using those addresses.

Back