01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which inclined mount for colorvu?

Hi @Pete_2356

Hikvision does not currently list a compatible inclined mount for the ColorVu G2 Turret cameras and from a closer look at the specs/measurements of the available inclined models, there is no model that fits well enough that we could recommend it.

Upvote 0
Hi @Pete_2356

Hikvision does not currently list a compatible inclined mount for the ColorVu G2 Turret cameras and from a closer look at the specs/measurements of the available inclined models, there is no model that fits well enough that we could recommend it.
Hey Dan I went with the standard junction box - DS-1280ZJ-DM21. can you tell me where I would likely find a cable gland reducer? I didn’t realise the junction boxes that come with the side entry would be so large and a cat 5e won’t be waterproofed. Or could you please advise the best alternative method?

Upvote 0
Hi @Pete_2356

We don't have any particular accessory we can recommend but rubber bungs to fit around the cable should be available from most hardware stores, or alternatively, you can warp the cable in self-amalgamating tape and then tighten the box gland down onto the tape.

Upvote 0
Hi @Pete_2356

We don't have any particular accessory we can recommend but rubber bungs to fit around the cable should be available from most hardware stores, or alternatively, you can warp the cable in self-amalgamating tape and then tighten the box gland down onto the tape.
Thanks Dan - i figured there might have been a more solution from Hikvision themselves but cheers, I’ll check for a bung or pick up some self amalgamating tape.

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Thanks Dan - i figured there might have been a more solution from Hikvision themselves but cheers, I’ll check for a bung or pick up some self amalgamating tape.
Just been looking into this myself. Not sure what size stuffing gland these are for but this is what we need - 4-8mm dia cables

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Hi @Pete_2356

Hi Dan

Does this mean that the angled mount (DS-1280ZJ-DM21) would not fit the DS-2CD2347G2-LU cameras too?

I’m looking for an angled mount to mount camera to house wall to cover side gate and path. Keen to avoid corridor mode as it disables smart event options.

I’ve tried rotating camera around on its axis as much as poss but can’t get a tight enough angle.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi @tld2004

Yes, there is no incline mount for the G2 ColorVu cameras. If you need to look along the wall where the camera is mounted then you will need to install it with a 140 Wall Bracket because the hanging position of the camera on the wall bracket allows you to rotate it to be perpendicular to the wall.

Upvote 0
Back