01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Which is the correct firmware for my DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS camera please?

Robbob

Hi.
I'm new to the forum so be kind to me !

I have just bought a S/H DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS camera.

The seller informed me that he has installed the latest firmware but I'm not convinced it is the latest or even the correct one for this camera.
The camera seems to work fine but there are a few features and settings missing from the GUI menu that are in the user manual and shown in some YouTube videos of the camera setup.

I've looked on the HiK vision portal and found what I think the correct and up to date firmware should be but I'd like an expert view on this please.
I attach some 'photos to show the camera Model No, current firmware an the relevant portal page.

I'm not sure what is meant by 'Non P version' which is another firmware type on the download page..is my camera a 'Non P version' or is it a 'Standard Version'?

Thanks.
Robbob

Attachments

• ANPR Cam Model No.jpg
    ANPR Cam Model No.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 352
  • Basic Information.jpg
    Basic Information.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 336
  • HikVision Portal_Firmware.jpg
    HikVision Portal_Firmware.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Hi @Robbob

Your confusion is understandable because there are multiple version of the ANPR bullet that run different firmware. The version you have found in the portal above is for the /P version of ANPR bullet (DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P) which is a newer model that came with the ANPR software pre-installed, your model is the non-/P model which came out the box without the ANPR software and required an ANPR firmware to be installed to gain those features.

The latest firmware for non-/P 4A26 ANPR bullet is v5.4.5_201106 (which you are already running)

Hi @Robbob

Your confusion is understandable because there are multiple version of the ANPR bullet that run different firmware. The version you have found in the portal above is for the /P version of ANPR bullet (DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS/P) which is a newer model that came with the ANPR software pre-installed, your model is the non-/P model which came out the box without the ANPR software and required an ANPR firmware to be installed to gain those features.

The latest firmware for non-/P 4A26 ANPR bullet is v5.4.5_201106 (which you are already running)
Will that firmware give the non-/p version ANPR capability?

Hi @Starstreak

Yes, that version should activate the ANPR features of the non-/P model

Hi @Robbob

Hi Dan.
Thanks for the clarification on the 'P' question and confirmation that I am running the most recent firmware :).
Kind Regards.
Robbob.

Reactions: Dan
Back