01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which NVR would you recommend?

Geordie564

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I'm looking at

Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LU (C) 8MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera​

I'm aware they haven't been released yet but I will be getting 4 cameras, which NVR would you recommend? I want to have full use of Accusense from the NVR.

Hi @Geordie564

Any I-Series NVR will work well and give you full access to the cameras' AcuSense features, but you will definitely need to use an I-Series model:
I need to update this thread to add that we would now STRONGLY encourage people to select and buy the I-series 8-camera NVR in preference to the K-series.

Please purchase this model:
Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P 8 Channel Network Video Recorder

We are increasingly seeing issues with the K-series NVRs when:
  1. The latest firmware available at this time is applied
  2. The NVR is used with the highest resolution (8MP) cameras
  3. The NVR is used with their latest tech cameras e.g. AcuSense or ColorVu cameras

We really don't want you to be disappointed, nor to endure stress and hassle trying to establish a reliable IP CCTV solution :(

The smallest and most affordable option is the Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P 8 Channel NVR, which can have 8 cameras connected to it.

DS-7604ni-k1/4p(b) is what I've got now, is it a K series? I've had endless firmware issues with it!

Yes, that's the smallest K-Series model available.

Is this the firmware version that you are running on it? - V4.30.085 build210409

This explains how to check and update the firmware using the link above if need be:

Yes that's the firmware I am running, the latest one.

I think my issue is the cameras have out of date firmware, they are 9 versions behind.

I've never updated the cameras firmware before, bit scared lol!

Definitely update the firmware on the cameras :)

You should be able to update those straight to the latest version, but the camera doesn't allow you to, then you will need to do a stepped upgrade.
For the stepped upgrade, just install each version where the second number changes, e.g.:
Screenshot 2021-10-12 162417.png

You will need to access the cameras directly in a browser, the best way to do this is using the virtual host feature:

My camera model is DS-2CD2383G0-I

Do you have a link for the firmware updates?

Back