01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which PTZ camera?

Newtothis

I Have a ds-7604ni-k1/4p(b) with 1 X DS-2CD2385G1, 1 X DS-2CD2365G1 and 1 X DS-2CD2522FWD.
I would like to swap the DS-2CD2385G1 with a PTZ camera with good low light performance and a zoom of at least X4, and maybe even upto X25.
Is there somthing that you can recommend for me please?
The cameras are all powered by POE and i am unable to run any extra power cables.

Last edited:
Thanks, Dan.

Would the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE(6) OR DS-2DE4A225IW-DE(6) be an improvement over the DS-2CD2385G1-I in low light too? I prefer to use the street lighting and keep it in day mode without any extra lighting coming from the camera.

What is Hik connect like to control the PTZ? Is there any delay?​

Last edited:
Hi @Newtothis

It's hard to say if there would be an improvement. Obviously, the resolutions are drastically different so there will be a difference in image quality/clarity there, but with the optical zoom function of the PTZ you will get more detail when zoomed in on parts of the scene than you would by blowing up the 2385G1 image with a digital image. (digital zoom usually just pixelates the image)

Thanks, I only have room for 1 camera at this point. I needed an overview but also wanted a better chance to identify someone. I also wanted a better view for small wildlife. DS-2DE4A225IW-DE(6) is ordered. I know 1 camera will not do everything I want but I think the 25x zoom and extra clarity when zoomed, will suite me better than a larger FOV, and higher resolution.

Reactions: Dan
Back