01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which PTZ with auto-tracking and minimum 4MP resolution for a bungalow?

Krisb25

Good afternoon all,

I'm after a bit of advice on which PTZ camera to purchase to fit on a bungalow and preferable have auto tracking and minimum of 4MP.
I have been looking at the DS-2DE5432IW-AE which i believe has IR and Darkfighter.
I have also seen in a post a recommendation of this DS-2DE4425IW-DE(S5).
Which camera is the better camera or what other PTZ would you recommend?
They will be powered bi an I series NVR

Thanks, KRis

Hi @Krisb25

If we had to recommend one of these PTZs for your install we would recommend the 4425(S5) because it is smaller, has more practical specs for a home install, and can be powered by the NVR PoE ports.

Usually though we would not recommend a PTZ for residential installs because they are lost always overkill and beginner users expect more from them than they will actually get. What is this camera being used for? Where exactly on the property are you planning to install it?

Is there another 4” model you would recommend that is a step or 2 above that the 4425?
Currently have 6 cameras and still don’t really get the coverage I want from them so was going to go for 1 or 2 PTZ and then a couple of turrets which again I’ve not figured out what to go for yet.
I have quite a bit of space around the house and because of extensions to get a fully covered area can be quite tricky so thought a PTZ would let me do this.
I did use to install cctv but along time ago and things have moved on a lot since then.
im more than happy to put in the hours of homework for programming the system etc.
thanks for your help.

The 4425(S5) is the latest model of that range and the one we would recommend for residential installs.

In regards to installation, do be aware if you are planning to wall mount this PTZ that the actual lens of the PTZ hangs a lot lower than the wall mounting location, so if you're wall mounting on a bungalow wall you may end up with quite a low camera angle.

Good afternoon all,

I'm after a bit of advice on which PTZ camera to purchase to fit on a bungalow and preferable have auto tracking and minimum of 4MP.
I have been looking at the DS-2DE5432IW-AE which i believe has IR and Darkfighter.
I have also seen in a post a recommendation of this DS-2DE4425IW-DE(S5).
Which camera is the better camera or what other PTZ would you recommend?
They will be powered bi an I series NVR

Thanks, KRis
Hi, I’ve just installed a Annke CV400 4 mega pixel IP PoE PTZ camera connected to my Hik vision TURBO HD DVR. the camera is I believe manufactured by HIKVISION so fully compatible. The picture quality is super with 4 x optical zoom and presets.
Well worth a look.

Back