01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which web browsers are compatible with Hikvision?

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Can anyone tell me please if Internet Explorer is the only browser that can be used to access Hikvision.

I can't seem to get at it by using edge for instance. I haven't tried Firefox or any of the others.

Hello Dan, thanks for trying to help.
I have the following setup :-
NVR - DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)
DS-2CDFWD-I and DS-2CD2035FWD-I both of which are connected directly to the NVR

I Have always logged into HikVision via the IE using admin and then my password. I have been having problems for quite some time with this as I keep getting a message that there is a new version of plug-in available but this seems to be blocked by my using Malwarebytes. I have switched this off but still seem to have problems. Thats why I was wondering if other browsers are available that wouldn't be so much hassle.

Ok,

Unfortunately, as far as we are aware, Hikvision is not planning an update for the K-series NVRs to offer better browser support for modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox, etc...

For a K-series NVR, we would still recommend accessing with either Internet Explorer or using the iVMS-4200 software.

I seem to have run into a problem having downloaded this version of iVMS4200

I keep getting a message about PlayCtrl.dll not being available. Hopefully I have attached an image of the error message below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-26 191719.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-26 191719.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 202
Never seen this before, I would recommend uninstalling iVMS-4200 and then download the version found on the Hikvision Download portal and try installing that version.

Back