01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

White Light Linkage Method not showing on G2 camera

milleniumaire

I have some DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL cameras and want to enable the option to cause the White Light LED's to come on during a triggering event.

I have read How do I set my Hikvision ColorVu camera's built-in light to be activated during event periods?

My camera was already on a later version than the one mentioned, but I noticed there was a later firmware version so updated it to this:

1630913878902.png

As you can see, the White Light option is not displayed:

1630913922083.png

Anyone have any idea why it isn't being shown and how to get it?

I just looked for it and can't find it either. It could be a post from a few weeks ago.

The DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL includes ColorVu, AcuSense and "Audio and Strobe Light Alarm" functionality.

I had assumed "Flashing Alarm" was part of the "Audio and Strobe Light Alarm", which I would assume is different to the LED's turning on to improve light levels when movement is detected, but maybe they are the same thing!

It would appear the manual for this camera doesn't describe all the functionality as there's no mention of "Flashing Alarm".

I've just found this post, which I guess is the one you guys are referring to and it does appear to confirm it is one in the same - both the strobe light alarm and the constantly on led light i.e. one or the other. Configuration is performed using the Flashing Alarm Light Output menu and setting the Flashing Frequency to "Normally On":

1630956158052.png

That's another config issue resolved :)

Thanks for the pointers.

Just to clarify - White Light on alarm and Flashing Light on alarm are two separate features. I have cameras of each model, platform and firmware and can confirm the following:

1 - The ColorVu G2 L or LU model can be configured to switch on the supplemental LED light following an event. This is mainly to aid illumination for those who don't want the white LED permanently on during darkness. Having tried it myself it's actually a handy deterrent as well, as you tend to look toward the camera when it activates making identification more likely. For this to feature to be available G3 firmware models must be on firmware version 5.5.160 while G5 firmware models (c on the box) need firmware version 5.5.114 (it's not on version 5.5.113 and it's been removed again in the next firmware version 5.5.801)

2 - The ColorVu G2 LSU/SL model can only be configured to activate the flashing light following an event. This is the active deterrent/Live Guard function. The LSU/SL model has this option available as standard.

Importantly (and I've just found this out myself) there is no option on LSU/SL model to have the supplemental light switch on as detailed for the standard camera regardless of firmware - it's either off completely, set to auto or scheduled. I can't think why they've chose to deactivate that feature on the LSU/SL as it appears that separate LEDs are used for the two functions. I bought the camera for the speaker function to to use with my doorbell and don't want the flashing light on alarm but the option to turn on the supplemental light would be handy.

As ever, things are never particularly straight forward with Hikvision....

Last edited:
Hi @JB1970 ,

I'm looking for a camera to use in my front door porch, specifically to capture video of anyone who enters the porch and to enable 2-way communication should I be away from home (but obviously without them knowing this!!!), so it would need to be able to alert me. Essentially, I want the same functionality as the Ring doorbell, but not activated by the doorbell being pushed (I have a standard doorbell, nothing flash).

I have just installed 3 x G2 LSU/SL cameras around the outside of the house, each using a DM21 junction box to hide the cables. I was thinking of purchasing another for the porch, however, it seems quite big (especially with the junction box) and as the porch is mainly protected from the weather (it is still open, but the porch ceiling never gets wet), I was considering getting an indoor camera, which appear to be much smaller in size, although I haven't yet found one that ticks all the boxes like the G2 LSU/SL does!

I'm still configuring my G2 LSU/SL cameras and haven't got audio working yet (not sure why it doesn't work out of the box), although I wouldn't really use audio on these cameras anyway.

You mentioned you had purchased the G2 LSU/SL for the speaker function to use with your doorbell and I wondered how it had worked for you? Did you look at other Hikvision cameras i.e. indoor cameras?

Back