01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Why I Chose use-IP

Emma Hedges

Hi!

My name is Emma and I wanted to introduce myself and let you know a little about why I chose use-IP. If you think this is going to be your typical “they had great prices” biased kind of post, think again. I actually chose use-IP to be my new employer!

Just over a month ago I was contacted by Phil to discuss the prospect of joining the team and at first, I was a little concerned as I have limited knowledge in the world of security cameras. However it wasn't long before everything started felt like a great match, then, within hours of meeting the rest of the team I knew that it was the right move for me. I think that my reasons for choosing use-IP as an employer are extremely reflective on why you should choose use-IP as a trusted supplier. Phil has been kind enough to let me write a little about my findings after my first week here at use-IP.

The team
As a family run business, Phil, Sandra and the team have welcomed me in with open arms, I haven’t really felt like the ‘new girl’ at all! The best thing about joining a company with a small number of employees is the transparency of the goals and intentions of the business. None of us have to fight for help or attention, you are not faced with staff who are trying to compete or claw their way to the top, instead, you work as a team of people, utilising each other’s strengths for the good of the business.

Here, in the best way possible there are no bells and whistles. Everyone is treated nicely, with equal responsibility to work hard and provide the best service possible. This happens with no hesitation because there is a mutual respect between staff and employees which, I can already tell, reflects on how customers are treated. Whether that be the careful attention to detail in which orders are packed, ways in which we can improve the information shown on the website, or the way in which everyone rallies together to fix a problem that may arise (because, let’s face it, these things do happen now and then) nothing is ever a burden.

The knowledge
It is rare that you come across a successful, e-commerce business these days that actually know what they are talking about. It is all too easy to get sucked in by the low costs and lead-times of online seller sites such as amazon and eBay, but unless you know exactly what you need you are unlikely to be provided with any extensive help or advice. Even if you do know what it is you require, you can’t always guarantee that legitimate stock will arrive as described or required.

As I already touched on, I was pretty nervous to join a company and work within an industry that I wasn’t familiar with, but the knowledge that this small team have between them is something to be in awe of. I feel safe in their hands, knowing that pretty much any question thrown their way will be answered, and, if on the odd circumstance they don’t have the answer off the top of their heads, there are plenty of back-up resources in place where that answer can soon be acquired.

With this in mind, I feel confident that I will be able to soak up that knowledge in no time and it really lifted a weight off of my shoulders. I have also been cramming in a lot of information thanks to the helpful content on the YouTube channel and the use-IP forum. In just 7 days and 2 hours everything is really starting to soak in.

The trust
Use-IP may not be the cheapest supplier you find online today but in my opinion the pros weigh out this con. The level of service you receive prior to placing an order (if required) is second to none but amazingly, if you need aftercare, help installing, or advice on how to make the most out of your purchase, use-IP will not hesitate to help you.

-

So, what do you need to know about me? I guess, if we are likely to communicate in the not so distant future it’s only fair that you know a little about my background so that you can be sure you will get the best service from me possible.

Ever since leaving school I have been in a customer facing role in some way, shape or form. During the years of 2014-2018 I worked for a company that had a very similar structure and vibe to use-IP, selling wood finishes. You may think that security cameras and wood finishes are worlds apart, and you would be correct. I entered that job with my only experience in wood finishing being that my Dad and Brother were carpenters. Now, you could ask me pretty much anything about wood finishing and I would be able to answer it. This is why I didn’t spend too long worrying about my lack of knowledge on all things security cameras, I knew I had it in me to learn all about a new industry once more and I was eager to do so.

I was lucky enough to grow with the company and within the four years working there I witnessed it grow from a team of 10 in a small office and warehouse to a team of over 50 people, filling a shop and office twice the size and huge warehouse across the road. It was amazing to see and gave me many opportunities that I don’t think I would have had if I joined a bigger company. I left there as the Administration Manager and Operations Assistant with the urge to try something new and to prove to myself that I was capable of doing just that. I think for me, having joined the company as a young girl and leaving as a young woman it was time to see what else was out there and to feed my curiosity. I did exactly that, joining a company that was already pretty established, in another industry completely new to me and in a role outside of my comfort zone. I was there almost a year before the use-IP sirens came calling my name.

I am beyond excited to have joined use-IP, to get back to what I know, what makes me happy and what I am good at, but this time, with knowledge, experience and confidence behind me. I hope that we get to speak soon, feel free to drop me an email with any questions you may have about potential orders or recently placed orders. Remember, there is no reason to be put off by my current lack of knowledge, the more you ask, the quicker I will learn!

Speak soon,
Emma Hedges
emma@use-ip.co.uk

We are really pleased to have Emma join our team.
She started last Monday.
Has brought loads of relevant customer service and ecommerce experience.
Has been soaking-up all the new and techie information like a sponge!
Has a fantastic work rate.
And has fitted-in really well.
She assembled and configured her first Hikvision NVR system yesterday.
And has already been on 'First Response' today and is coping really well :)
I'm entirely confident that she will serve you, our customers, extremely well!

We are really pleased to have Emma join our team.
She started last Monday.
Has brought loads of relevant customer service and ecommerce experience.
Has been soaking-up all the new and techie information like a sponge!
Has a fantastic work rate.
And has fitted-in really well.
She assembled and configured her first Hikvision NVR system yesterday.
And has already been on 'First Response' today and is coping really well :)
I'm entirely confident that she will serve you, our customers, extremely well!
Thank you! I am really pleased to join :)

Back