01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Wildlife cctv set up

Mike Tytus

I am setting up a cctv system to monitor wildlife. The area is 200 m from my property and I have laid electricity and a conduit for cables to the site. I want to have 15 cameras around the area and run these back to a central control point which will then be fed to three properties each will have monitors. What is the best way to set this up and what equipment would be recommended

200M is an issue for cabling IP cameras. One way would be to make use of a wireless link(s). If you could provide a rough diagram of the various points and the distances I could make a suggestion.

I see this was a duplicate post already answered by Phil.

200M is an issue for cabling IP cameras. One way would be to make use of a wireless link(s). If you could provide a rough diagram of the various points and the distances I could make a suggestion.

I see this was a duplicate post already answered by Phil.

Thanks phil. I have decided to use fibre optics for the long run and cat 7 cable to the various camera. At the other end not sure what set up to have so I can veiw output from the different properties. I have conduit links to all three. What equipment would you suggest. Thanks. Mike

Back