01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Wireless Chime Options For Hikvision NVR Alarm Output

EViS

I have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2 NVR which I would like to notify me of any events (e.g. intrusions/line crossings) via an external chime. I'd want this to be particularly loud as I find the NVR's internal chime isn't sufficient.

What is the neatest/simplest way to set this up? Is there an all-in-one 12v transformer and bell which is the go-to for many alarm installers? Would it be wise/necessary to separate the NVR's alarm output from a 12v supply with a relay to protect the NVR from over-current?

Additionally, it would be handy to also have a secondary wireless chime in another location. What options could I explore for setting this up? Is a wireless doorbell the go-to here? Again, I'd prefer a neater all-in-one-box on the chime end.

Many thanks in advance :)!

No standard solution (product/gadget) to offer.
Hik's info on connecting anything external is scarce / poor!
Yes, we would recommend an interposing relay.
Sorry :oops:

Thanks for the reply Phil.

I ended up finding the perfect solution. A Dakota Alert UTRE-4K Plus (delivered by UPS direct from Amazon US in 48 hours!)! Here is a demo video of the unit. Both the transmitter and receiver are very well built and compact units and allow for a good amount of expand-ability in the future (additional transmitters and a 12v external siren). The 1 mile operating range is also pretty handy :) .

Hope this helps someone in the future also looking for a similar solution.

Hello EViS

This is very interesting as I have been tyring to look for the same solution as I also find the NVR's chime to be very low. What I am looking for is to have a chime downstairs whereas the NVR is upstairs but I'd prefer to have the alert from upstairs to down sent via wireless to avoid having to wire it up.

Did you do similar or have you had to hard wire.

Can you also explain which connections on the Kakota you wired into the NVR and also whether you installed anything in line.

Thanks a lot.

Did you also manage to have to hard wire the Dakota Chime to the NVR

Back