01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

zosi nvr question

corvairbob

my neighbor has this zosi nvr ip system and he said it is an 8 channel system. he got 4 cams with it and they set up by themselves. so now he wants to add 2 more cams, so he bought 2 of the same camera and today we tried to set them up and the nvr will not find them. so to make sure he did not have a 4 channel nvr i had him turn one off and tried again and still it would not find the new cameras. and they are wifi cameras. i tried using the ethernet and the lights on the nvr ethernet port did not light up so maybe it can't use that to find the cameras. anyway i have the nvr model and the ip camera model so maybe someone can tell me if these are compatible? nvr is zr08dp and the camera is zc2320m-w

i went into the username and password and added a new password and logged into the nvr with that new passwords to get admin rights and nothing. i tried the ipconfig and it came up error. i tried to get into the wifi and it would not let me into that page. in the network page the username and password were blanked out so i could tell if they were there or not. so i did a reset using the reset on the screen and again used admin and blank to start and nothing so i changed the password again and nothing. what am i doing wrong. i have a zmodo dvr and 2 different nvr units my self and they are not as hard as this one is.

seems to me the nvr should find these cameras unless they are not paired to this base unit. and if not can i pair them and how to do that? i can bring the base unit here and work on it and maybe even get the original cameras to show at my house. thanks

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi @corvairbob

We have never heard of Zosi before and from a quick google there is very little information about their brand online.

On the Amazon product page for the NVR it says this - "ZOSI 1080P Wireless H.265+ 8 Channel Network Video Recorder (Model:ZR08DP), Plug and Play, Auto Match, Motion Detection, Remote Access (Only Work with ZOSI IP Camera with Model: IPC-2320M)"

This suggests that NVR only works with one model of camera and it would appear that this is not the model of the new cameras you are trying to add.

We have seen before with some very cheap, consumer surveillance brands that they cut corners like only allowing specific camera models, not supporting ONVIF, etc... as a way of cutting costs and being able to sell the products for less.

thanks dan. the cameras he got are model zg 2320m-w so it is possible they are not the exact camera. i did manage to get one to show a wifi signal inthe camera slot and record and motion but no video feed.. but in order to do that i had to take that camera to my house and hook it up to my system. i tired the 2nd cam but that did not work. what i told him was to bring the nvr over and those 2 cams and i will set it up to my system to see if i can get them to go and then take them back and see if they still work and the other cams come back up online. again thanks and i will keep you posted to what i manage to get done. bob p.

Reactions: Dan
ok this is what i got finally he works 3rd and is hard to meet for this info exchange now.

here is the main menu he has and the extra cameras have the same part number
the extra camera model iszg2320m-w the cams on the building are zg2320m-w
the nvr unit is zr08dp

is there anything else you may need? i tried to add 2 extra cameras and i got 1 to show the wifi icon and no video and the other one would not even do that. using the ipc configuration page where you add cameras.

so is this nvr a 4 ch or 8 ch and fi 8 ch how in the world do you add new cameras?

thanks bob p.

Attachments

• chris zosi main menu.jpg
    chris zosi main menu.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 360
thanks dan. the neighbor does insist he got an 8 ch unit and the cameras i was trying to conned are the exact same model numbers. the one i did get to show in the search page did show up with an ip address and did get assigned a camera section and did show the wifi icon and the motion icom but never showed any video feed. and it would turn on and off, even though i had it setting like 6" from the base unit. i even connected it to the ethernet and the port never flashed any light to tell me it was talking to the cameras nor did the light show on the camera. but when i had the camera at my house and on my router the camera plug light did show. i did contact zosi about this and sent then the nvr model # the camera # and the setup up screen shot and menu screen shot.

ok i did look at the setup and i did have that mi cameras do not show any type of reset. no extra wire with a button no hidden hole that you can put a paperclip into no place on the ethernet plug that you can squeeze. so if anyone happens to know how to do a camera reset on the zg2320m-w cam please send that along.
so i went thru this setup and i have done it all and still nothing. on my system the cameras show ip address that match his system
both these addresses are junk it takes you to 404 page not found and then on to mesh systems
https://support.zositech.com/hc/en-...w-to-Connect-the-IP-Camera-to-ZOSI-Smart-App-
https://support.zositech.com/hc/en-...ow-to-change-the-IP-address-of-the-IP-camera-

so i will see if i can get that how to connect guide and see if that helps. thanks alot for the help so far bob p

Last edited:
ok update i finally got the unit to my house and on my network and did a nvr reset and ipc reset about 10 times and finally it started showing the 3 cameras i had with me. so i took it outside and now it shows the cameras he still had powered up at his house. so i see 6 cameras now, i have no idea why it had to be on the internet as i never used the internet to get any updates. but i did try the firmware and the nvr told me it was up to date. so maybe it had to do that one time to start allowing all the extra cameras to show. what a trip that was. thanks for the help.

ok update i got them to go. had to connect the system up to my network and get that system to go online for some reason. then after about 10 nvr resets and camera resets it finally started finding them. at first it found them as wired cameras as i have them all on a network switch, then i took them off the switch as he does not have them wired and i did another search and they showed up. wow what a job to get 6 cameras to connect to this unit. so i took it outside and it did find his cameras he still had powered up, so i let it run for the rest of the day and did turn it off for maybe an hour to simulate a power outage and when i powered it up it found the cameras.

he took it home powered itup and it worked. i told him the power the extra cameras for now so they do not lose their connection. thanks for what you helped with.

well i got it going. i put it on my network and after a few resets it finally connected up. took it outside and it found his other cameras he left on and then he took it home turned it back on and it again connected up to all the cameras. so i'm calling this a fixed system. i'm leaning to the reason he had that issue is he did not have it on the internet. so thanks much for your help. bp.

Back