- Exclusive Linux-embedded system, Intel Atom 1.6GHz CPU and 1GB DDRII memory
- Real-time monitoring and recording (video/ audio) from multiple network cameras (up to 8 channels)
- Supports streaming from network cameras and servers
- High quality H.264, MxPEG, MPEG-4 and M-JPEG recording (vary by camera models)
- Supports megapixel recording (up to 8-megapixel)
- Complete recording features: schedule recording, alarm recording, alarm recording schedule, motion-detection recording, pre-alarm, and post-alarm recordings, etc.
- Up to 4TB storage capacity for long-term recording
- Multi-server monitoring: Supports monitoring of up to 120 channels
- Easy Data Search by Date & Time, Timeline, Event, Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA)
- Remote management: access and playback recordings by web browser, FTP, and Network Neighborhood anytime, anywhere
- Trouble-free 6-step installation
- Smart search of IP cameras for quick configuration
- Centralized monitoring with "Click-to-Go" PTZ control and adjustable display mode
- Digital zoom for monitoring and playback
- The display order of the monitoring channels can be changed by drag and drop
- Event notification on monitoring screen
- Real-time SMS and email alert
- Detailed event and system logs (include users' networking services and recording data access record)
- Schedule remote replication to NAS (Network Attached Storage) for video backup
- Unique online user list function and access authority control
- Multi-channel playback at different speed
- Enhanced file security by digital watermark
- Automatic system startup when the power resumes after power outage
- RAID 0, RAID 1, JBOD with hot-swap design
- Online RAID Capacity Expansion and Online RAID Level Migration
- Convenient video backup to external USB storage by one touch auto video backup button
- Power-saving design, consumes only 37-44W.
- Two Gigabit LAN ports for failover, load-balancing, or multi-IP setting
- Supports UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for 24x7 service
- DOM architecture with embedded fail-safe dual OS for enhanced reliability
Number of Channels
HDD Capacity Supplied
0GB (Hard Disk Drives sold seperately to demand)
Product Questions (3)
I have an installation and wish to use this : QNAP VioStor VS-2008 Network Video Recorder. How do i extend my video output to a separate 42" Samsung LCD TV in another office?
Question by: Omobulejo Abiodun on 15 Mar 2011 14:41:06
If you use the QNAP VS-2008 then the only way to view is via a PC/laptop browser. So, you could make the 42" monitor a big screen for a PC.
If you use one of the PRO models, then you can direct connect a monitor via the VGA connector on the rear of the unit, you can then use a long monitor cable or suitable extension technology to extend the cable to the monitor location.
Answer by: Phil Stewkesbury (Admin) on 15 Mar 2011 14:41:06
Hi, i'm a huge fan of Qnap. And i need a surveillance system with 2 HD IP cameras.
I check the compatibility list and the Axis P3344 is a model that i'm looking for, it is compatible and record 720p at 30fps.
My question is simple, it is possible for QNAP VioStor VS-2008 Network Video Recorder to record 2 streams of video ( from 2 cameras Axis P3344 ) at 720p at 30fps?
Question by: fariamaia on 12 Apr 2010 21:56:45
Yes, even under worst circumstances; MJPEG compression, high image complexity and constant motion then two Axis P3344 IP cameras running at 30fps would require a network bandwidth (and write rate) of 92 Mbit/sec which the QNAP VioStor VS-2008 is able to manage. NB at these settings you would need 1 TeraByte for each day of recording from the two cameras.
Bear in mind that these are for a worst case / most demanding setup; simply switching to h.264 video compression would reduce the required bandwidth to just 13 Mbit/sec, requiring only 145GB of storage per day.
Hope that helps ...
Answer by: Phil Stewkesbury (Admin) on 12 Apr 2010 21:56:45
We offer free delivery via courier throughout the mainland UK. You will receive a confirmation email from us as soon as your goods are dispatched, and this will confirm your carrier and tracking number so you can monitor your order's progress. Any items sent via our standard free delivery will typically be with you within three business days.
For those requiring their order urgently, we offer a range of next working day and Saturday delivery options which you can select at checkout. Please note we must receive your order by 3.30pm, Mon-Fri in order to guarantee your order is with you by the next working day.
We are also able to offer shipping to any country in the world. We charge a flat fee of £15 + VAT for any country within Europe, which will be available to you at checkout if your country is listed on our International Shipping page.
If you're based outside the EU, please contact us at email@example.com with your order details and full delivery address, and we'll get back to you quickly with a quotation including shipping costs.
Please note we can only accept payment and provide quotations in GBP £ Sterling, and that we must receive full payment before we are able to ship out any goods.