Technical Assistant Job Vacancy
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with an interest in computers and the internet to join an expanding team at an established and well-respected IPCCTV solutions provider, based full time (up to 37.5 hours per week) at our offices in Dover.
As part of this role your key responsibilites will relate to helping with the development of our specialist network camera webshop and providing technical support to our customers. Specificaly handling the following tasks:
- Writing ‘How-To’ documents.
- Responding to forum posts
- Writing blog posts
- Contributing to our email newsletters
- Testing new camera models, recorders and software
- Providing technical support to customers
- Providing pre-Sales support to customers
- Must be qualified to at least A-Level standard
- A strong writer of English, able to produce documents for publishing without supervision
- Naturally technical / Tech Savvy, with the ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical people, both orally and in writing
- Confident and positive personality with excellent communication skills
- Computer literate with experience of e-mail and the Internet plus a reasonable standard of typing. Touch typing isn't a necessity but would be an advantage
- Fast learner - we're an online business so regular internet use and knowledge will go a long way
- Self starter, happy to work alone or as part of a team
- Passionate about customer service
- Strong time management and organisational skills to manage own workload efficiently
- Strong work ethic & ability to self-motivate
- Work conscientiously and use own initiative
- The will to actively seek responsibility for issues and to seek & deliver solutions
- The personal drive to create web content in your downtime - if they're not calling in, decide what could do with a better explanation and go explain it!
- Enthusiasm for the potential application of new technologies #4KCCTV
- A basic understanding of Networking, routers, switches, TCP / IP, switching, WiFi, Windows, Apple Macs, IOS, Android, browsers, etc.
You should apply if:
- You love helping people
- You're organised and diligent
- You thrive in small teams
- You have a flawless command of English and great attention to detail
- You have a strong work ethic
use-IP Ltd is the UK's leading IP camera store. We are completely independent - we do not manufacture or supply any own-brand products. We provide solutions for our customers and will always endeavour to promote 'Best-of-Brand' products from a wide range of manufacturers.
Although we're the best, we are a small team and enjoy the benefits of working closely with each other to deliver the best possible customer experience to our customers across Europe.
- Salary according to experience
- 4 weeks paid leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme (after qualifying period)
Note that whilst the position will be based at our office in Snargate Street, Dover some occasional travel may be required (i.e. for training, etc. )
How to apply
Please forward your CV, completed Application Form, and handwritten letter by Post or hand to:
Mr Phil Stewkesbury - Managing Director
Floor 1 Maritime House
178-180 Snargate Street,
Closing Date: Friday 27th September 2019
Please note that we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE