01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to improve night vision on my DS-2CD2135FWD-I camera?

Much better! Nice to see the improvements.

That glare might be the IR reflecting back and then catching a bit of dust on the lens (or glass if its the dome).

As a quick update... I did rotate the camera 90 degrees and that, combined with playing with the BLC Area produced a better image. I have a bit of glare off something (top left) but I think a slight physical adjustment of the camera should solve that. So much better than the first image I got - so thanks everyone. I will no doubt dabble some more with it.

View attachment 4183
Try turning it 180 deg the other way to get rid of the glare - had a similar issue and that resolved it

Also if you want to have good coverage on the car (car guy assumption) it looks like you have the camera pointed a little too low down

Brilliant. You have saved me loads of investigation. After doing what you said in your first 2 paragraphs, I could access the camera and updated the firmware. I now get the Day/Night Switch options

View attachment 4127

I am also not sure why I am not getting an image and just get a black box - it says Live View failed. The Hik-Connect app and NVR direct are showing the image fine.

I haven't changed any settings yet but have moved the camera towards the neighbours to see what happens when it gets dark.

My image is now at an angle and don't seem to be able to rotate the lens any more to straighten it up but I can live with that.
I had same issue with live view failed - I'm sure it was a plug in that was needed to work - didn't work in Firefox, edge or brave but worked in IE

Back