01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect No notifications (or triggered alerts?) from DS-2CD2385G1-I

I don’t think I even got any manuals with mine!!!

I have the same cameras - x4 but in black (not that it makes any difference!) and the K series - 8 channel NVR.

I’m pretty tech savvy, build PC’s, been on the jailbreaking scene for years, tweaking with android units etc etc, but CCTV is brand new to me. Picking it all up though, it’s just not knowing things like what the min and max box is signifying, but cleared up now Thanks to fullboogie.

These are not easy systems to program. You have to tweak, tweak, tweak and keep experimenting. Once you have it the way you like it, though, it's great! Just put the time in and it'll work out.

Cleared all previous line crossing/intrusion configurations. Made a new single line crossing. Also, made two new motion detection. Walked through all regions several times. Nothing! Should I start looking at the other system tabs? Or put my old camera DS2CD 2342WD-1 back up. It did motion detection/line crossing/intrusion everyday for 3 years.

Attachments

• Security IP Address Filter.jpg
    Security IP Address Filter.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 188
  • One line crossing.jpg
    One line crossing.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 214
What is your arming schedule? Linkage method? Sensitivity level? Not nearly enough information. And are you actually using motion detection now?

The other day I got 12 motion detection notifications. Of course I messed with the settings since. Back to normal now - none.
Arming and Linkage is the same on Line Crossing and the Motion detection.

Attachments

• Storage Schedule Settings Capture.jpg
    Storage Schedule Settings Capture.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Motion Detection Exception.jpg
    Motion Detection Exception.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 197
  • Linkage Method for all.jpg
    Linkage Method for all.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Arming Schedule for all.jpg
    Arming Schedule for all.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 189
  • Line Crossing Sensitivity 70.jpg
    Line Crossing Sensitivity 70.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 207
  • Sensitivity on MOtion Detection Expert.jpg
    Sensitivity on MOtion Detection Expert.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Couple thoughts. First, you're not showing arming and linkage method for your smart events so it's still not possible to know what you're doing or why you're not getting notifications. Second, your min max boxes look much better. Third, as suggested several times, stop using motion detection under basic events. Only use line and intrusion detection and fine tune those. Also, where are you expecting to get notifications - on Hik Connect? If so, there are two areas under settings in the app where you need to turn on notifications. You'll have to look through the app to find them, and there are several threads on here with instructions and pictures.

You have the patience of a saint. I won't be hired by Hikvision but I am gaining screen-grab excellence!

Arming and Linkage for Smart Event.
Disabled Motion Detection.
Looking into Hik Connect app now - The live is working fine. Virgin Media Modem/Router 500 MB wired into Netgear switch. I suspect it is some small vital detail I've missed. Just want to get captured images on my phone or iPad. In both devices I have notifications to 'on' - (with sound and badge). Could the images being going into the card - wherever that is? Is it correct to say I do not know if alerts are being triggered at all? If that is true then they are not saved anywhere.

Attachments

• Arming Schedule  for Line Crossing.jpg
    Arming Schedule for Line Crossing.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Linkage Method for Line Crossing.jpg
    Linkage Method for Line Crossing.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Motion Detection disabled.jpg
    Motion Detection disabled.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 188
So for your linkage method you have all three checked. Assuming you have an NVR, why do you have the box ticked for upload to card? You also have email checked, are you getting an email?

You can check whether any events are being triggered by going to the logs and reviewing them. Don't have my setup in front of me right now, but it's possibly under the maintenance area.

Thank you.

I have no NVR. I only aspired to getting Snapshots. If I could capture line crossings and intrusions and see those JPEGs on my iPhone or iPad. (And have an 8MP looking Live View, that would be good.)

You have highlighted something very significant again.
I found the log and discovered events.

I have now, unchecked 'Send Email' (never got emails)
I have unchecked to 'FTP/Memory' (I thought FTP was something to do with sending the snapshot to my phone)
Surveillance Centre only box checked now.

I must not have saved Disable Motion Detection yesterday!

I'm going to read up now on the Log minefield.
All those options stored under the Minor Type over on the right when you have when Major Type Operation selected over on the left!!!!
There was a lot in all this.

Attachments

• Intrusion Detection Enable and Notify Sur Centre ticked only.jpg
    Intrusion Detection Enable and Notify Sur Centre ticked only.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 197
  • LOG Major Type Operation 300 items.jpg
    LOG Major Type Operation 300 items.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 182
  • LOG Major Type ALARM 890 items.jpg
    LOG Major Type ALARM 890 items.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 178
  • What is under Minor Type when Alarm is selected under Major Type.jpg
    What is under Minor Type when Alarm is selected under Major Type.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Line Crossings .jpg
    Line Crossings .jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 170
Pick a camera. Make sure you have line crossing and intrusion properly set up and saved. Then go walk through the areas of that camera. Go back to your computer, look at the logs, and see if you are getting both events. If so, you have a notification problem and not an event problem. Go from there.

Back