01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera advice - are Hikvision's G2 cameras much better than their G1s?

Yeah I've got it. Was going to get the model I mentioned above then saw that the ISU/SL was coming out so waited for it.
How is it? And can you tell me if you can wall mount it like this?

Whats the Volume of the siren and voice warnings like at night?

Attachments

• Wallmount.JPG
    Wallmount.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 190
How is it? And can you tell me if you can wall mount it like this?

Whats the Volume of the siren and voice warnings like at night?

LOL - was just reading your post on the other forum and about to answer that! I'll try and answer both here instead.

How is it? - First impressions are good. I previously had two 4MP 2.8mm ColorVu with audio that look toward each other in the same lighting at about 6 metres separation from each other to cover my two cars on the driveway. I wanted the AcuSense over the ColorVu for the detection. You can spend forever faffing with the settings for line crossing / intrusion on the ColorVu but you're either gonna get too many false alerts or miss a genuine one. Image wise, on a night with my dusk to dawn lights on, the ColorVu wins. The 0.003 minimum lux of the 2346 is enough for my lighting to keep the camera in colour through the night without switching when set at 1/100 shutter speed. Viewed full screen there's little discernible difference with the ColorVu (also at 1/100s). However if you zoom in a little, the 2346 has way more noise present, even if I drop the shutter to 1/50 whereas the ColorVu is a much cleaner image due to its F1 aperture. That's not to take away from the 2346 as I intend to swap out my 2325FWD-I's with them once a 4mm version is available. So far - the 2346 AcuSense is superb. The new motion detection actually seems to work with the false alarm filtering without the need to use line crossing or intrusion (I've mentioned this in another post)

Audio. I had an initial issue with the internal mic pulsing which concerned me as I didn't have this with the ColorVu. In the settings I simply switched internal mic to line in, applied it, then switched it back to internal again and applied it - that fixed it - bizarre. I haven't tried the siren outside yet - sounded fine inside. When I tried the two way audio through Hik Connect, I had a similar issue with the speaker pulsing making my voice inaudible. I've not looked at that yet as it's a two person job to avoid feedback.

The camera will wall mount just fine like that. I have all of mine mounted that way. One thing to be aware of is that unlike the previous Easy IP 3 cameras - these turrets are slightly larger in diameter and don't have a big enough recess behind them to conceal the connector so it's got to push in the wall or you use an intake box. With the ISU/SL I'd recommend the latter as you've four leads to conceal - LAN, 12V DC, Audio, Alarm.

Answering your post on the other site, you want to be thinking about getting either 2347 ColorVu or 2346G2 AcuSense for image quality as they're both so much better for nighttime than the 2386 - don't be tempted by the higher megapixel image. ColorVu has cleaner nighttime image with less visible noise etc especially if you've some light, as you can raise the shutter speed from its default of 1/12s. But the 2346G2 has AcuSense and in the model you've mentioned - two way audio and physical alarm inputs. Decisions, decisions......

Last edited:
LOL - was just reading your post on the other forum and about to answer that! I'll try and answer both here instead.

How is it? - First impressions are good. I previously had two 4MP 2.8mm ColorVu with audio that look toward each other in the same lighting at about 6 metres separation from each other to cover my two cars on the driveway. I wanted the AcuSense over the ColorVu for the detection. You can spend forever faffing with the settings for line crossing / intrusion on the ColorVu but you're either gonna get too many false alerts or miss a genuine one. Image wise, on a night with my dusk to dawn lights on, the ColorVu wins. The 0.003 minimum lux of the 2346 is enough for my lighting to keep the camera in colour through the night without switching when set at 1/100 shutter speed. Viewed full screen there's little discernible difference with the ColorVu (also at 1/100s). However if you zoom in a little, the 2346 has way more noise present, even if I drop the shutter to 1/50 whereas the ColorVu is a much cleaner image due to its F1 aperture. That's not to take away from the 2346 as I intend to swap out my 2325FWD-I's with them once a 4mm version is available. So far - the 2346 AcuSense is superb. The new motion detection actually seems to work with the false alarm filtering without the need to use line crossing or intrusion (I've mentioned this in another post)

Audio. I had an initial issue with the internal mic pulsing which concerned me as I didn't have this with the ColorVu. In the settings I simply switched internal mic to line in, applied it, then switched it back to internal again and applied it - that fixed it - bizarre. I haven't tried the siren outside yet - sounded fine inside. When I tried the two way audio through Hik Connect, I had a similar issue with the speaker pulsing making my voice inaudible. I've not looked at that yet as it's a two person job to avoid feedback.

The camera will wall mount just fine like that. I have all of mine mounted that way. One thing to be aware of is that unlike the previous Easy IP 3 cameras - these turrets are slightly larger in diameter and don't have a big enough recess behind them to conceal the connector so it's got to push in the wall or you use an intake box. With the ISU/SL I'd recommend the latter as you've four leads to conceal - LAN, 12V DC, Audio, Alarm.

Answering your post on the other site, you want to be thinking about getting either 2347 ColorVu or 2346G2 AcuSense for image quality as they're both so much better for nighttime than the 2386 - don't be tempted by the higher megapixel image. ColorVu has cleaner nighttime image with less visible noise etc especially if you've some light, as you can raise the shutter speed from its default of 1/12s. But the 2346G2 has AcuSense and in the model you've mentioned - two way audio and physical alarm inputs. Decisions, decisions......
Hi JB1970,

Thanks for your detailed reply. It’s resonating with me (along with the help across the other boards)

My plan is to have the Acusense 2346G2-ISU/SL above the garage to watch the cars in the driveway using the alarm and strobe as deterants during midnight to 6am.

And a ColorVu 4MP overlooking the street corner I am on, to catch the posture of approaching people/cars. There are street lights in the immediate area so i wont need to activate the warm LEDs, and i will also be using the Acusense 7616NXI-I2/16P/4S NVR.

Don’t they all run off the Ethernet lead?

Hi @GLO,

They do, the LAN connection will carry both power and data, which is all you need.

The other connections are optional, i.e. you can connect a siren to the alarm lead, a microphone to the audio lead, or supply power separately via 12V DC if you aren't able to connect the camera to a PoE switch or NVR to do so.

Reactions: GLO
I've attached Hikvision's document that discusses G2 series, page 8 compares the G2 with the G1 models and the improvements made :)

Just saw the document. seems like Page 8 is related to 2nd Gen AcuSense tech and cameras with 2nd gen Acusense are DS-2CD2xx6Gx and DS-2CD2xx7Gx. So camera that might have G2 but not 6 or 7 before G would still be 1st gen Acusense e.g. DS-2CD2xx3G2

Back