01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS7604-K1/4P(B) - Firmware Issues V4.30.061

Sorry for the delay with this update @JB1970 - after a lot of back and forth, Hik have explained that the ability to edit user permissions locally on the NVR was deliberately removed on the V4 firmware on all K-Series models...

They say that this is to simplify the interface / improve performance, and that as the web interface and iVMS-4200 are more popular, they didn't feel it was necessary to keep this feature on the local GUI.

I've said that it would still be nice to have the ability to manage the user permissions locally, as in many cases (for installers / integrators), it is the simplest way to configure the NVR.
Thanks Kyle. Following a Hikvision webinar a couple of weeks ago I had some dialogue with them regarding this and the SVC situation. I too was told that it had been removed on purpose and I can't for the life of me think how this simplifies anything - you can keep it simple just by not editing permissions but it should be available if you need to. I gave up with them in the end.

I don't understand their thinking with it either, it seems crazy to release new firmware with fewer settings... They may surprise us in an update - I'll let you know anything else notable that I hear/find.

Back