01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect App Issues - Edit Device Name

It possibly is with Hik Connect. I have an I series NVR so don't have the issue. However iVMS-4200 software requires that you update the camera names as I described in the other thread. To that end it doesn't matter what NVR/DVR you have, what firmware it's on, what version of iVMS-4200 you are running and whether you run it on Windows or Mac - the process is the same. The photos show before and after on my system.

View attachment 4796

View attachment 4797
What version of iVMS-4200 is this? Mine doesn't look the same. It is version 3.4.0.7. Possibly it can be an issue with the latest version of iVMS-4200 itself?!

I now see the camera names but I think that's because I updated them on the Hik-Connect App. But even now if I try to Update Camera Names it gives me an error (see right bottom corner).

1607503081072.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I faced a similar problem and spent last 2 days trying to find a solution and I found one for myself. I really hope it will work for you guys as well.
So, basically...
As of today (15.01.2021)
Setup:
I have a NVR DS-7732NI-K4 with firmware version V4.30.005 build 200628
I am using hik-connect app on iPhone V4.12.0.955687 through hik-connect DDNS

Problem:
I want to use the full functionality of the hardware/software, but the events have a bad format. Instead of showing the camera name, it shows for instance camera1@DS..... bla bla bla.
I am sharing an NVR via hik-connect.com with an employee and on his iPhone everything is absolutely fine. The names of the cameras appear exactly as they should.

My solution:
1) I opened up a new account on hik-connect.com
2) I connected the NVR to this "new account"
3) I shared the NVR from the "new account" to my normal account and to the account of my employee

Now, everything works like it should. Check out the attache file.
If you need help, let me know.
I really hope it will work for you guys.

Attachments

• 43269E67-335E-42C1-8A3A-D0EED997D5C2_1_105_c.jpeg
    43269E67-335E-42C1-8A3A-D0EED997D5C2_1_105_c.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 204
Yesterday I upgraded to firmware V4.40.017 build 201124 on my DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P and now Im getting the same extended notifications on Hikconnect and my wife is driving me nutz :(

Is there an official fix from Hikvision for this or are we forced to workaround as usual or revert to previous working firmwares?

I just had the same problem with not being able to change camera names on the Hik connect app.

I run Hik Pro connect. I logged in. Then i was trying to link / add a site on the pro app. i verified the email link given.

Anyways, i went back to the Hik Connect app, and it worked !
It does not make much logical sense, but worked.

Also i just bought two new internal wireless camera's called Hikvision Cube. One had the name changed, (i believe when i was starting it up from its factory state), the other one i couldnt change the name, so the next thing i 'was' going to try was to reset the camera, but was not sure if the same prompts would be there, or if it was possible to change the name on startup...

Anyways, seems to work the way it should now. Thought it may work for someone else too !

Back