01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect My NVR DS-7608NXI-12/8P/S remains unlinked and offline?

Phil.

It is a long minute since you went away. Can we continue our conversation to get me out of the forrest?

quote: what you shared is actually your world wide web IP address unquote
and
quote: You don't really want to publish your www. address unquote.

What could be the consequences by doing so?????

Thankyou.

Hi @VITOLIER

We removed that information because if anyone outside your LAN knows your web IP address then they know your location, they know that there is a connection/domestic router at that address, and nefarious people can use that information to attack your network if you are that way inclined.

We were relatively quick to take the information down though so it is highly unlikely that you will see any problems.

When you connect your Mac to the router that the NVR is connected to and you then go through the steps to identify the router address that Phil linked you to before, can you please email us (info@use-ip.co.uk) a screenshot of the IP address & Gateway address you see in the network settings. (like the below example)

1613055737362.png

Hi @VITOLIER,
Forgive me if you’ve already tried this, I’m an iOS/mac user with Hik-Connect also, in the NVR settings you should just be able to assign a static IP address for your NVR, eg 50.1.1.”22” with the final digits being assigned to the NVR. Then open Hik-Connect app, hit the + symbol in the top right to add “Online Device” and Hik-Connect will automatically add your NVR.
My NVR is connected to a second hardwired AirPort Extreme in bridge mode without any issues.
I also played around with different settings and connections and added my NVR manually.

THANK YOU. As to your first message I located the IP address of the rooter which is cabled to the NVR. Do you wish me to send the info by mail? As to the second message I will follow your advice. If we succeed a box of Swiss chocolate will be on way to the team once you gave me the address.

Jack

Andy I am not quite there, Is this action correct? system>network>advanced>tcp/ip>enable so that I can assign the static IP address.
Which address. box do I have to choose of the three on the left or do I enable DNS where my current address end with ....1.1.?

As to HIK-CONNECT app I do not see the + symbol you mention.

Nearly.
system>network>tcp/ip
NIC Type = 10M/100M/1000M Self adaptive
Ensure “Enable DHCP” is unchecked
Then on the IPv4 tab it’s the IPv4 line that you assign to your NVR with the last set of digits. This won’t change as you are manually assigning this to your NVR.
Remember to hit the blue apply button at the bottom of the screen to save changes. I always forget so do this each time I change anything just to make sure.
Once you’ve done this you should be able to use the Hik-Connect app to add your NVR to your views.
If not, enter the same but now go into advanced. Then “platform access” change “access type” to Hik-Connect and tick “enable”. Leave the server address as it should grey out, it is on mine anyway. In “verification code” input a password you’ll remember, anything you want.
Underneath you’ll see two QR codes, one to get the Hik-Connect app if you don’t have it, but as you do scan the first code using the Hik-Connect app which should add your NVR.
Let me know how you get on.

Also, make sure you’re using the latest version of Hik-Connect on your iPhone. The + symbol should be top right of the screen which brings up a menu of different options

Attachments

• 2B93F95B-C47D-4398-8102-BE70D8E8DCC8.jpeg
    2B93F95B-C47D-4398-8102-BE70D8E8DCC8.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 178
Menu as seen in pic once you press the plus/add symbol

Attachments

• 476972EC-7C52-4829-A605-F93414D154B9.jpeg
    476972EC-7C52-4829-A605-F93414D154B9.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 172
Great and thanks a lot. Shall get cracking and will let you know how I managed.

Jack

Andy. Everything went to perfection. I can see on my iPhone the IP address. However I have the message "offline". And so is the NVR. How do I get the NVR online? Should I reboot it?

When I installed my NVR in platform access the server address was "hik-us-connect.com" which I changed to "dev.hik-connect.com". I wa made to believe the "us" related to equipment destined for the USA.

Open your Hik-Connect app on your phone, go into “More” bottom right, then “Help”, scroll down to “Registration” which will guide you through how to register your device, then go back and scroll down to “Device Management” again there are step by step instructions to enable your device if offline and about the Hik-Connect service. All of those options should provide the last bit of info you need so you’re up and running. Just go through each section to see if there’s anything you’ve missed, we’ve all done it.

Andy, I am not yet there. If the NVR keeps on being offline could it be that my settings are not correct.
I.e.If so which settings are crucial and should be checked. I.E. TCP/IP in General

As to your instructions in respect to HIK-CONNECT I have understood and tried to go through the
settings.

Hi Jack, not sure what else to suggest mate. If none of the previous posts have helped, and as long as you remember your password, try a factory reset on your NVR and start again following the previous posts.
There are good YouTube videos as well, I’m not sure if you’re allowed to use the links on here so I haven’t included them. Search “Hikvision NVR setup” 1st video to try is 7:07 minutes long the next is 28:54 which is a couple below.

Thank you Andy. Just printed out the HIK-CONNECT instructions so to have things in front of me. There is plenty of info on the web and I shall search. Will let you know how things got sorted out. Once again lots of thanks.

Jack

I have full access to my NVR via WIFI (iPad) and by Ethernet cable (laptop>router)
using HIK-CONNECT but in live view no images (9 grey squares). In left column
all cameras listed. Can one help.

Thanks. Jack.

Last edited:
Hi Jack,
Have you tapped on each image? Even if the hikvision app is showing grey squares with a camera motif it should still provide an image. Might be that simple.
Or, in the settings for each camera on your NVR, if you don’t get a picture, try lowering the resolution for viewing as it might be a network issue. Sometimes it won’t provide an image even though all settings are correct. The NVR should still record in 4K or 1080 it’s just that when you connect to see it’s output you aren’t overloading your network.
Also in the Hik-Connect app, click on a camera, then at the bottom there’s a row of settings/icons. Bottom left it should have HD/basic. Try toggling between each of those to see if that works.
Depending on how you’ve added your NVR to the app, that setting will also allow you to choose between clear, fluid or custom. You can then change/lower the resolution in the custom section to see if that works.

Andy thanks a lot. Just read your message and will follow your advice. When finished will let you know the results. Your comments sound logic.

Jack

Back