01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New [76NI-K1(B)] V4.30.000_build200508 GUI 4 Firmware

Would the NVR freeze until restarted if it crashed? I upgraded on Tuesday afternoon and regularly use iVMS-4500 and occasionally log into the NVR but haven't noticed any problems so far.

Yes, exactly that. You could tell NVR had frozen / crashed as the app would not play back the events.

Do you have any events like line crossing set up? Maybe it’s events that cause the crash...

Yes, exactly that. You could tell NVR had frozen / crashed as the app would not play back the events.

Do you have any events like line crossing set up? Maybe it’s events that cause the crash...
I only have it set to record when motion detected. No line crossing or intrusion enabled.

Last edited:
Just an update. Still fine here. Maybe it is a certain feature/setting causing the crash.

It's possible that it's related to the smart events, I had intrusion events enables on my two cams. I disabled the events on Saturday to see if that's the reason, and no crashes have happened since then - too early to see if it made a difference though.

It could also be that people without event notifications are not aware that it's crashing and rebooting. You could check this by searching through you log. Below is an example of me searching for Abnormal shutdowns.

1592210253196.png

UPDATE: Since disabling my Intrusion Events it's been up for 3 days, which is a day longer than it managed previously. Looks like the events might have an effect on it.

I raised the issue with Hikvision Support and they came back with:
Thank you for the feedback regarding the firmware for the K-series (B).
We will investigate the situation, if we find an issue with this firmware it will be removed from the UK Portal.
If you would also like to downgrade back to 3.4.112 as we know this version is stable with this recorder.
If I find that it crashes again after enabling the Intrusion Events, I'll most likely downgrade it for the time being.

Just for info, ive upgraded to v4. My NVR is crashing every 2-3 days too. Also noticing that since the update, it’s failing to playback on the iOS apps too (both Hik-Connect and iVMS-4500). If I reboot the NVR, everything is fine for another day or so, then it starts to fail again.

the app Playback issue seems to be I/O related as It says “insufficient resources” or “failed to search the video”. Strangely though, live view still works fine Whilst the NVR appears to be non-responsive!

likewise, after 2 days, when it starts to fail playback, I’m unable to log into the NVR via a web browser, I have to physically pull the plug on the NVR in order for it to Reboot and then behave properly.

Last edited:
Since disabling my intrusion events it's been up without a crash for over a week now. I've re-enabled one camera's events today, so I'll see how it goes.

I need the intrusion detection and line crossing. Going to rollback to the latest v3 build as v4 is crashing the NVR and I can’t login or replay video remotely. Yet it does still record And detect. ...it’s locking me out every 24 hours or so... Hikvision software is a nightmare. It’s hit or miss as to whether it’ll be stable!

Has anyone successfully upgraded and retained Intrusion/Line crossing capabilities?

How will we know when a fix has been made, will it be a brand new FW release?

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing exactly the same issues whenever I have any smart events enabled. The same issues with thumbnails on notifications on the app, the same playback issues then freezing / crash on the NVR.

NVR: DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)
Firmware: V4.30 build 200508

If smart events are turned off the system is rock stable for weeks. I've had this version of the firmware since I had the system installed, so ideally, don't want to be rolling back to an older version.

Given a number of people are seeing this issue - are Hikvison showing any signs of fixing it?

I'm happy to wait for a firmware update - but was wondering if they ever actually fix anything like this :)

UPDATE - We have been informed by Hikvision support that several issues with the 7604(B) NVRs have been resolved in the latest v4.30.010 firmware

Please update to this version and let us know if it improves/fixes any of the above issues.

I downloaded and tried to install multiple times (via IVMS-4200, the web UI and finally by USB key) and the NVR just crashes during the install. Once rebooted everything comes back up fine but I am still running V4.30 build 200508.

NVR: DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B)
Firmware: V4.30 build 200508

Has anyone managed to get this update to install? I've tried everything (USB, IVMS-4200 and Web UI).

I also tried to "download updates" from within the NVR's user interface. It runs a check and just says the latest is already installed. Upon checking the version installed I see "V4.30 build 200508" which isn't the version suggested by @Dan.

I think I'm just going to give up on using smart events soon...

Hi @Javaboss

I can't understand why you are having these issues updating, I just updated our demo 7604(B) NVR from v4.30.000 to the latest v4.3.010 using iVMS-4200 and we had no problem. Have you tried updating to v4.30.005 first before updating v4.30.010? Can you send us a screenshot of your system Settings page so we can see the current details of your NVR?

Back