01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect HiK-connect off line what an idiot I am

Tried going back several version just before version 3 and resetting back to basics each time, that’s not resolved it either. Rang Hik-Connect, wasn’t a dealer so they would talk to me much, said it was only an issue with K series not I so something my end, pretty unhelpful. Must be my end, changed 1 thing in about 12 months, their software update, now it doesn’t work. Must be my fault

Tried going back several version just before version 3 and resetting back to basics each time, that’s not resolved it either. Rang Hik-Connect, wasn’t a dealer so they would talk to me much, said it was only an issue with K series not I so something my end, pretty unhelpful. Must be my end, changed 1 thing in about 12 months, their software update, now it doesn’t work. Must be my fault

This is the problem unfortunately, difficult to get across to them how many troubleshooting steps you have tried and they always give basic information that isn't going to help rather than just take onboard the fact that it is an obvious firmware problem.

thing to note is every time I reboot the unit it goes to the setup wizard, I cancel and everything and all my camera are there

Doesn’t fix your Hik Connect issue but you need to uncheck the “show wizard on startup” box on the configuration. It often re enables itself after a firmware update.

With regard to the Hik Connect issue...if you haven’t already tried, disable NAT/UPnP in the NVR, forward the ports in use in your router and Configure DDNS to match your settings in the app. Hikvision recommend using port forwarding as opposed to P2P for the best performance.

If it were a firmware issue everyone would have the same problem.

PS - I hate Hik Connect! (The service as opposed to the app)

With regard to the Hik Connect issue...if you haven’t already tried, disable NAT/UPnP in the NVR, forward the ports in use in your router and Configure DDNS to match your settings in the app. Hikvision recommend using port forwarding as opposed to P2P for the best performance.

If it were a firmware issue everyone would have the same problem.

PS - I hate Hik Connect! (The service as opposed to the app)

It's either a firmware issue or a service issue, whichever it is - it still doesn't work!

One thing I would ask anyone who’s having this problem is who is your internet provider? Mine is Sky, maybe the new firmware and certain internet providers are not compatible.
Hikvision state the “K” series has a known problem and a full reset resolves it, “I” series don’t have a known issue and so it won’t help. Wouldn’t tell me anymore as I’m not a dealer.

One thing I would ask anyone who’s having this problem is who is your internet provider? Mine is Sky, maybe the new firmware and certain internet providers are not compatible.
Hikvision state the “K” series has a known problem and a full reset resolves it, “I” series don’t have a known issue and so it won’t help. Wouldn’t tell me anymore as I’m not a dealer.

The Hikvision advice has always been to use Googles DNS address of 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4. In the past I've had incidences where certain ISP's routers didn't play nicely with those addresses when the ISP's "Web safe" content filtering was in use, as using a DNS address other than the providers was seen as a way of trying to get around the filter. A few years ago I had a couple of sites on BT broadband where setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 blocked access to the network and just resulted in a BT webpage being displayed - using the router address and letting it forward the DNS requests solved it.

I actually went so far as to try and put the NVR on what was essentially a wired "MiFi" network just to temporarily try it with a different ISP, still didn't work so that helped me rule out any issues of it perhaps being ISP specific.

The Hikvision advice has always been to use Googles DNS address of 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4. In the past I've had incidences where certain ISP's routers didn't play nicely with those addresses when the ISP's "Web safe" content filtering was in use, as using a DNS address other than the providers was seen as a way of trying to get around the filter. A few years ago I had a couple of sites on BT broadband where setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 blocked access to the network and just resulted in a BT webpage being displayed - using the router address and letting it forward the DNS requests solved it.

I thought this as well, although it had been working just fine before even through changing ISP and changing network equipment. Started literally as soon as I updated from v4.22.005 and seems to be very similar for others.

I have tried using Sky DNS addresses being 90.207.238.97 and 90.207.238.99 and this has not resolved it.

Probably unrelated and may not help but my Hik-Connect access on my iphone just stopped after making some minor tweaks on my NVR (changed encryption type and restarted NVR). LAN access was fine. I managed to get it working again with some tinkering.

My NVR Just would not connect in the app like it was previously. I played with the platform access setting on the NVR using the browser but still no joy. I then removed the NVR device from the app thinking I could find it again using the ‘add online device’ option. But this did not find any Hik-Connect devices to add.

I then decided to play with the NVR directly through monitor / mouse rather than my browser. I did the following within the platform access menu:
  • Toggled the ‘enable’ box on and off and hit save / apply each time (gave me a connect error)
  • Added a stream encryption key (as I was not using one before) and saved (worth adding & deleting & adding again). When I hit save this time it connected OK (seems this was upsetting it all).
  • I then added my NVR back to my iPhone app using the scan option / QR code displayed in the NVR (connected via Hik-Connect service).
  • As if by magic all was fixed again (seems faster than ever before)
Bit of a long shot but worth a go!

Have you a K or I series? It does for the K I’m told. I have an I and it didn’t for me or other people.
Very interested in. Bowing what broadband people have I have sky

Have you a K or I series? It does for the K I’m told. I have an I and it didn’t for me or other people.
Very interested in. Bowing what broadband people have I have sky
I have an 8 Channel K series, I do this for a living lol. We have had the same issues across the board. More so the 4 channel K series. I have clients that have BT, Sky, VM etc and all have had the same issues, Hence its a firmware issue

I’ve just tried my second full default and it is still an issue.
Could I ask is litedev.eu.hik-connect.com still the correct address with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Settings on one of our demo NVRs:

1606397597792.png

And it is using the router/gateway IP for DNS.

Phil

How interesting, i have tried mine having the router issue the IP setting but this didn't resolve it, one thing i note is when i untick the "custom" box which i know has caused people issues before it defaults to non EU one as the pictures where yours does not.

attached a couple of screen shots for those also having the same issues.
Network settings.png
Software.png
ticked HIKCONNECT.png
unticked HIKCONNECT.png

Seems to be a different story with -K and -I series as there seems to be no workaround so far with -I NVRs. Hoping HikVision release an update!

Back