01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Latest HikVision Firmware for G1 Series cameras - version V5.6.0

Are you satisfied with this update and information?

• Satisfied

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Not satisfied

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've upgraded two of my G1 cameras, however they now cannot be added to Mac iVMS-4200 v 2.0.0.5 build 20190220 which they were working on before the upgrade.

Also does anyone know how to deal with the error message :
"Not enough decoding resource. Please download the local server plug-in and try again."
I can see from the browser window that a new plugin is now required, however when I accept the offer to search for and install one, the system is looking for a "microsoft windows" .exe file.

Thanks
I've now tried Chrome and Safari. In Chrome I can see the streams when logged in to my NVR but not when connecting directly to either of the cameras. Chrome asks for the plugin when I log in directly to the cameras but Safari never asks for a plugin, but doesn't ever work.

Heelp

New firmware V5.6.1 has just been made available:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

I have decided on this occasion to just add it as a footnote to this current thread BECAUSE I have seen V5.6.2 be issued to specific customers already to fix specific issues. Therefore, I suspect that its release is imminent, and given that the matters resolved in this release are few and minor I don't wish to give people the burden of updating all their cameras more frequently than may be necessary.

Attachments

• IPC V5.6.1 G1 Release Note--External 17-7-19.pdf
    621.4 KB · Views: 660
New firmware V5.6.1 has just been made available:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

I have decided on this occasion to just add it as a footnote to this current thread BECAUSE I have seen V5.6.2 be issued to specific customers already to fix specific issues. Therefore, I suspect that its release is imminent, and given that the matters resolved in this release are few and minor I don't wish to give people the burden of updating all their cameras more frequently than may be necessary.

Thanks for the update unfortunately it does not fix any of my reported problems :(

Thanks for the update unfortunately it does not fix any of my reported problems :(
Thanks for the feedback.
Sorry it hasn't resolved your issues.
I did suspect it would be minimally useful, and hope that upcoming releases will be more worthwhile.

Hi,

I updated my camera DS-2CD2385G1-I to firmware V5.6.1 build 190604 and when I log into the camera directly using IE, I cannot get a live view anymore, it was working fine before on V5.5.83 build 190221.

Anything I'm missing? or is this a known problem with the firmware?

It is not a known problem.
Are you definitely using Internet Explorer (not Microsoft Edge).
Is it offering a new version of the web components plugin.

After update I now only receive the Motion Triggered emails with just one photo instead of three photos.
I could not find any setting to thange this back to three photos. Is this somewere possible to change this?

After update I now only receive the Motion Triggered emails with just one photo instead of three photos.
I could not find any setting to thange this back to three photos. Is this somewere possible to change this?

Are your cameras 2 or 3MP? we had a similar issue with another customer and when we asked Hikvision technical support they gave us this response:

I have checked with HQ about this .
after 5.6.0 upgrade, 2MP and 3MP cameras attachment images will be only 1 in the emails.
because of the cpu limitation

so, unfortunately, it is now fixed to 1 image for email notifications of 2 and 3MP cameras.

Ah clear now, indeed 3MP, and my other 4mp Hikvision camera has indeed still 3 photos in the mail.
Not an big problem but still, now I want to update to 4mp for all cameras :)

It is not a known problem.
Are you definitely using Internet Explorer (not Microsoft Edge).
Is it offering a new version of the web components plugin.

Yes using IE 11 not Edge.

the Live View works fine on my TV coming out the HDMI from the NVR, Live View also works fine by logging into the NVR via IE browser.

Live View does not work when I log directly into the camera using internet explorer.
Yes it is offering a web components plugin - however after running it to install, nothing happens, still the same. No Live view.

EDIT: I just rebooted my PC and tried again and it is now working fine.

Try running the latest web components install immediately after a PC restart BEFORE opening any other programs.

thanks, I had only updated one of my cameras as a test, but since the live view is now working after the reboot, I have now updated all 5 of my cameras to the latest firmware and all seem to be working fine now.

Note, I was looking forward to the lens correction feature, but after just doing some testing now, I actually prefer the lens distortion feature to be turned off, as I find it does crop some of the image and as a result I lose some picture around the borders of the image. Never mind.

updated my DS-2CD2385FWD-I ...

Problem of substream has not fixed ! Still changing to bitrate of 128 by connecting with "HIK CONNECT". Really really sad... :(

okay.

5.6.2 is out

ftp://ftp.hikvision.ru/02.%202-line%20cameras/4.%20G1%20platform%20-%20DS-2CD2XX5%202XX3G0%202XX7G1/IPC_G1_EN_STD_5.6.2_190701.zip

before i install 5.6.2, anyone that tried it see any issue?

i would be coming from 5.5.80 which mean, if i understood OP, no going back

Updated two days ago my G1 series (23X5) cameras which were previously on 5.5.83. Connected to a Hikvision NVR.

No issues. Everything appears to be working as expected. Both IE and Chrome live view working. NVR working as well as all smart events. Network shares working.

Not using emailed alerts, snapshots or Hikconnect so can't comment on these features.

Can't see any reason not to upgrade.

depends on your camera. there is one guy who have a PTZ cam with autofocus which was unusable after update to 5.6. i have a 2385 and no problems with 5.6

Hikvision Firmware V5.6.2 Features

*for G1 platform Cameras

1. New Features

Fixed the issue that port mapping only take effect after rebooting device. (Port of Enhanced SDK service, WebSocket, WebSockets)

Fixed the issue that only 80GB capacity of NAS storage are available when camera mount to NAS server (more than 80GB) and enable overwrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back