01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Please update your firmware to the latest available version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Dan many thanks, but I'm a luddite when it comes to tech, is there a guide on how to do this? I'm worried i might screw it up ;-)
Also, i noticed there are lots of updates, are they incremental (do i have to install each one in turn) or can i simply update using the latest version and skip all the updates in between?
I had read on here something about not being able to see motion/triggers in the playback through the browser (IE11) - that is what I'm currently experiencing - just a long blue line for continuous recording (I've got mine recording 24/7), but when i connect a monitor directly to the NVR, I can see motion/triggers in green bits along the bottom of the screen as well as the continuous recording. Is this fixed in the new version? Have they also enabled viewing in other browsers yet? I have tried their plug-in for both Chrome and Edge but it doesn't work.
In terms of the cameras, yes they are connected directly using cat5e cables - what is Virtual Host?
Sorry for all the questions.

Hi @Dan many thanks, but I'm a luddite when it comes to tech, is there a guide on how to do this? I'm worried i might screw it up ;-)
Also, i noticed there are lots of updates, are they incremental (do i have to install each one in turn) or can i simply update using the latest version and skip all the updates in between?
I had read on here something about not being able to see motion/triggers in the playback through the browser (IE11) - that is what I'm currently experiencing - just a long blue line for continuous recording (I've got mine recording 24/7), but when i connect a monitor directly to the NVR, I can see motion/triggers in green bits along the bottom of the screen as well as the continuous recording. Is this fixed in the new version? Have they also enabled viewing in other browsers yet? I have tried their plug-in for both Chrome and Edge but it doesn't work.
In terms of the cameras, yes they are connected directly using cat5e cables - what is Virtual Host?
Sorry for all the questions.
Hi @Dan - I've managed to upgrade my NVR to the latest version - I found the tutorial and followed it word for word,
I then checked my Virtual Host setting (again found a thread on here about it) and apparently in my setting up of the system, I must have enabled that feature already, unless it was already enabled. Anyway, it looks like I'm running the latest camera firmware already, which is a bonus.
The only thing now is when using the browser, IE11, it still doesn't show any motion triggers, just the continuous record part - i did read a post on here somewhere about people having to revert back to a previous version on their NVR? Seems a little silly to have to update and then roll back, especially when this feature wasn't available on my previous version and still isn't on the latest version. I also read on here that apparently people with K2 NVRs should now move to I2 NVRs??? I only bought my kit in August, brand new - surely I should not have to expect to replace equipment that soon?

Could someone help with the latest firmware for DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL?

When i navigate direct to the DS-2CD2346G2 product page (which contains all the specs etc) you can also download the latest firmware on there. When i do i get 5.5.135 build 200610.

However when i navigate through the link on the forum for firmware, and through the usual tree hierarchy etc i get 5.5.134 200430 (by this route: G3 platform(2XX6G2 3XX6G2) » DS-2CD2XX6G2).

Just wanted to check that the firmware main navigation page is out of date and i should be using the 5.5.135 found direct on the product page?

Last edited:
Hi @ImRickyTan

There are different versions available depending on your region, as some regions require specific updates.

You should use the UK Portal if you're based here, which actually has a newer version than the two you mention - Hikvision UK Portal - G3 Camera Firmware V5.5.150 build200927

The portals are always the first places that the updates are made available, so is always the best place to download them from.

hi is this the latest firmware below for a DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P on the hik presently running V3.4.104 build 190128 , this is what is on the hik uk portal ?

1607379490182.png

may i ask you please,
i updated the firmware of my ptz hikvision camera and the iexplorer's plugin too ( i never managed to make the ivms to work), but the stream is very slow, when i move the camera (from my pc connected to the same subnet and network) it goes very slowly. The same is happening if i try to move it through the hikvision nvr. Is like watching the main stream through a 2g connection. Is there any way to downgrade to the previous firmware? Thank you

Hi @epp289

What is the PTZ model you have?
What firmware version is it currently running?

Thanks @epp289

Do you know what firmware version you were on before updating to v5.6.15?

Ok, did you update to v5.6.11 before going to v5.6.15 or did you just upgrade to the latest in one jump?

If you went straight to v5.6.15 then I would recommend that you downgrade to v5.6.11 before then updating again to the latest version.

If you look in R7 Firmware Folder at the Hikvision download portal you will see a line of text at the bottom that says users with firmware before v5.6.11 must update to v5.6.11 before updating to any higher firmware, skipping this firmware may be why you are seeing performance problems from the camera.

i did upgraded to v5.6.11 first and then to the V5.6.15
You can see the stream from the camera is not so bad, but if you want to move it, it takes 3-4 seconds. Is like having 10+ computers watching simultaneously its main stream. The settings i see that they have remained the same
Is there any other way to fix it?

If you are now running older firmware and still the PTZ function is slow then all I can recommend is you try to adjust the PTZ speed slider from the control menu on the right of the screen and if that doesn't work then the only other things to try would be to reboot the camera and if no improvement then finally you can factory reset the camera and set it up from scratch.

hi Can someone please point me in the direction of the right firmware? My NVR I think is Hikvision but it seems branded with a local company?

The model is MIT8708K-P8
The current firmware is V3.4.96 build 180912

Thanks

Hi @DEWBUNKER

That does appear to be a rebadged/OEM Hikvision product, many different models used this firmware version and with this non-Hikvision part code, I cannot verify if this is the latest version available or not. You will need to speak to the seller you bought from to confirm what the latest available firmware is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back