Security Spy is vastly superior on a Mac but is also infinitely more expensive - prohibitively so if you have a lot of cameras. But it's free to try out.
- it doesn't quit unexpectedly
- it opens/quits very quickly [approx 50x quicker than iVMS-4200 to load and 300x quicker to close]
- it is supported in real time and any bugs are fixed overnight or faster
- new feature requests often lead to new features
- it was developed exclusively for Mac Os and follows Mac GUI rules
- its English is native
- it handles multiple makes of ONVIF-compliant cameras
- all of its features work properly, albeit it has fewer of them
- it isn't bloated
- it isn't paranoid.
You might alternatively try Sighthound [I haven't] or the meagre choices listed here. There are also offerings at the App Store if you run a search for "CCTV".