• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Hikvision camera losing its main stream settings (after access via the Hik-Connect mobile App)

rompik

Yes, sub-stream settings are still being lost.
HD settings for my cameras are not lost anymore but:
- 2 out of 4 cameras (the same EasyIP3.0 family) have problems. When set to HD they either don't load at all or freezes after a few seconds and Hik-Connect is restarting the stream continuously or show Error 260015.
- even on working cameras switching SD / HD / Basic causes cameras to re-focus. Screen goes dark for a while and then slowly lights up again. And I think this darkening gets recorded but i need to double check that.

So it looks like some fix has been done and it may be workable for some people but changing streams in Hik-Connect still changes something in the camera (even if Main Stream settings don't change).

@7he4Ce, I have all cameras shared via Hik-Connect only. ivms-4500 always shows Clear / Fluent / Custom (not HD / SD / Basic like in Hik-Connect) even though I access cameras in ivms4500 via Hik-Connect. I can view them remotely and it works flawlessly (even changing quality). So not quite sure why you have problems with this.

Tredstone

I am having the same problems . iP cam is the ds-2cd2545fwd-is and my NVR is the ds-7608ni-i2/8p . Viewing via the hik connect app is a pain and same for ivms 4500 . Changing between fluent and clear changes the bitrate in the cam settings back to default 128kbps and the custom option is grayed out .

Selecting the clear option causes lag and stutter and so does fluent. Viewing when I'm out and about is rubbish . Why the hell can the cam not save it's bitrate settings? I can't even select custom in the ivms app the option is greyed out . 128kbps is not a viable option ,it's like watching a video while rinsing your eyes with acid . I Wish I never purchased this crap now ! I have the fastest broadband available on virgin media 360mbps download and 21mbps upload . My phone is the galaxy note9 with a 4g network speed of 47mbps download and a upload big 24mbps . Surely I should be able to view my cams at 1024 kbps instead of 128kbps this is ridiculous.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
What firmware versions are you running on your NVR and camera please?

Tredstone

What firmware versions are you running on your NVR and camera please?
The NVR is only a couple of weeks old purchased from useip running firmware version v4.1.11 build 171204 and the camera is on v5.5.82 build 181211 .

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Your cameras are on the latest firmware.

Can you please update your NVR to the latest firmware V4.1.64 and test again:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

Tredstone

Your cameras are on the latest firmware.

Can you please update your NVR to the latest firmware V4.1.64 and test again:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL
Thanks. I've updated the firmware the default max bitrate has gone from 128kbps to 256kbps but any changes made are not being saved . I increased it to 1024kbps but as soon as I open the app and select basic it resets itself back to 256kbps . Very frustrating

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Hik Tech Support have asked if they can take a look at your account, cameras, etc.
If you are happy for them to do so, please share your credentials with me (to pjs(at)use-ip.co.uk)
BTW - If you currently have a password that you would prefer to use long-term, then perhaps set a temporary one as a replacement to share for this testing.

Tredstone

Hik Tech Support have asked if they can take a look at your account, cameras, etc.
If you are happy for them to do so, please share your credentials with me (to pjs(at)use-ip.co.uk)
BTW - If you currently have a password that you would prefer to use long-term, then perhaps set a temporary one as a replacement to share for this testing.
hi phil

ive been away for a while and could not reply to your last email regarding hikvision doing a live view of my nvr camera setup . i think i found what the problem was and the problem seems to be the ezviz app . for some reason viewing my cameras via the android app set the cameras substream to its default values . the DS-2DE4A225IW-DE would default to 512kbps and the DS-2CD2545FWD-IS defaulted to 228kbps no matter what i set them at they both would change back when viewed through the ezviz app and not the hik connect app . just thought i would let you know for your information . thanks for all your help

Tredstone

just tested it with the ivms 4500 app and that resets the bitrate also . so i guess its just the hik connect app i will be using . thanks

Jetcamper

Hi everyone. I've got this issue as well. Just found this topic on the internet. Actually it wasn't easy to find. Looks like nobody is interested in this problem which is weird.
I'd like to share a workaround for this problem that works for me.
I make a user account on cameras and connect them to an NVR with it.
Of cause it takes a lot of efforts due to problems with their batchconfig tool.. And also you loose an ability to keep the time in sync on the NVR and cameras. But it works and what is more important your costumers watch their cameras how it was promised..

Dny2004

Had the same issue with DS-2DE2A404IW mini PTZ until just now when I updated the firmware. BTW updating to 5.6.0 has different interface in iVMS4200 for remote configuration which I don't like in particular. Acces to some settings are missing now or I don;t see them in the new web interface style that they offer now. However, try using iVMS4200 lite, adding the camera as Encoding device and you can get acces in the usual interface to the settings as before the upgrade. Hope this helps.