• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Hikvision "Device is Offline"

Tw27

Interesting, I have the DS-7604 been working fine since the 25th Feb when I bought it, now can't access it remotely via Hik-Connect. All works perfectly inside my LAN, no network changes, everything else is working fine, just can't access it via the app.

When I log in via the Hik portal it shows it as offline, although on the NVR itself it says it's online... maybe it's a wider problem is there's a few of us suddenly unable to connect?
Any solution yet?

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Please read the posts from yesterday immediately prior to yours this morning.
Where I selected one user and resolved her issue (nothing to do with Hikvision).
Then invited you and one other to each start a new thread where I would attempt to resolve your issues.

JJSmith

Hi Phil,
In the USA here, so I'm not sure if there is a difference.
My system was constantly rebooting for about 2 weeks and finally that has stopped (it corrected itself I suppose, because I didn't change anything). In the meantime during all the reboots, I am not able to connect to my system from the ivms-4500 app like I have been for years. System is working fine, operating properly, not rebooting, and recording as I have set it to. I suppose some setting changed during all the issues I was having. the only error I receive on the app when I go to device information and re-save all the device domain name, username, and password is "The device is not registered in the DDNS". My registered mode is HiDDNS.
Any help is appreciated.
JJ

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
I'm afraid I don't know whether HiDDNS is still operational.
Nowadays, in the UK, everybody uses the Hik-Connect web portal and App.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
If you are running / update to the latest firmware on all your devices, then you will probably be offered Hik-Connect as an option under Platform Access.
It is not difficult.
It is the route that almost all Hikvision users select now.

gp116126

Hello

Thought I would post my experience with H Connect not working over 4G but working on LAN via WIFI. It had done for months but suddenly didn't..

Basically after reading through this forum I confirmed all IP addresses and DDNS were correct. Went to HIK-Connect.com and found that even though my NVR (7608 K2 8P) showed online there was no device

I deleted the NVR on the HC App (android) and tried to add my NVR via the QR code but it didn't show up on the app, but strangely showed at HIK-Connect.com. So I uninstalled the app, deleted the NVR at HIK-Connect.com and downloaded the app again from Google Play.

Added the NVR via QR code again and bingo. Worked fine and shows in HC.com.

No idea why it didn't work before but does now. Anyway, the point is I suppose, sometimes its better to reinstall than do your head in trying to work out whats wrong.

Thegovernor

Interestingly having been working since August again (I did nothing to fix it, it just resolved itself) I've now not been able to connect remotely for about a week. Again, I've made no changes, so I'm drawing the conclusion the cloud service is just unreliable.

I can see all cameras inside my LAN, the NVR is still recording, I've got rock solid internet connectivity, it just stopped working one day to the next without me doing anything... maybe it'll just come abck again like before...

Thegovernor

I just checked the portal and the external IP in the portal is different than my BT Router is reporting, I suspect BT have changed it as they occasionally do... any ideas how I can edit the HIK Portal to the correct IP Address?

Last edited:

Thegovernor

Fixed it myself, logged into the NVR directly, disabled and re-enabled Platform access and it corrected the IP address...