I've been keeping an eye on this forum for a couple of months, found it when I was looking for a solution.
I have a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B), and it arrived with V3.4.100 installed. last week after seeing the posts here I applied 4.30.005, but had major issues with stability - not responding to web requests (not sure what server it uses, but it got very flaky, it replied to ping's though), local access either let me reboot it, or it froze whilst entering unlock pattern. It also randomly rebooted, and the logs just show "abnormal shutdown". So..... after reading it's possible to backwards-flash I reverted it to original, then up to 3.4.112, then up to 4.3.0.000. it rebooted randomly today, which is the first problem for 3 days. I lost most but not all settings going back to original firmware, camera's kept their settings as expected. This obviously suggests updates need to be applied sequentially.
I have my parents report the same issues, after I have upgraded my DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) from v3.4.112 to v4.3.005:
- the web portal is quite often showing "not available" in the browser window. Physical restart of the NVR helps it to become back online, after waiting for 1-2m for the startup of the system.
- The NVR regularly experiences Abnormal Shutdown. I have been analyzing the logs and found that it happens in several cases:
- when a specific cam located on D1 port shoots an [motion detected] event or [sudden scene change] event. The very same second happens the abnormal shutdown.
- when the user performs playback using the NVR, then the on some random occasions the NVR will go into abnormal shutdown (again, timing of events is exactly 1 to 1).
- Apart of that, some lame hackers are sometimes trying to perform a remote login with admin username, but wrong pass, which causes the NVR just to stop recording on ALL cameras, however the events keep on firing (therefore I conclude, that the communication between the cams and nvr is still alive).
- I have even made a separate thread about it: Illegal Login causing to stop recording
- I will try to change the default ports, as recommended in the thread.
- I will block the IP's of the intruders via router firewall.
- I will downgrade to v3.4.112.