• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Noisy fan hikvision NVR solved with silent power bricks

ihmix

Hi All, I have just installed my Noctua fans and when I unplug the case fan it seems nice and quiet. The case can does seems to be the issue. I’m thinking of leaving this unplugged as I don’t use any of the POE ports as I have an external switch with POE for the cameras. I also have 1 5TB drive for three 4K cameras. Do you guys think I will have any issues with overheating in the case, I can’t believe this little fan Makes that much difference. Thanks.

Tricky

The case fan does produce noise mainly because of the case perforations coursing turbulence but i changed that one to a other brand and dont really find it too bad its the power supply fan that's the problems but after changing to a Noctua i dont find it a bothers me but my NVR is in a cabinet so maybe that's why however i wouldn't be inclined to just dump the case fans as not only does this provide cooling for the actual circuit board it also cools the HDDs.

rosswill

New user looking for some help. I also find the fan noise of my new DS-7608NI-I2/8P to be big a problem. Can anyone confirm which model fans they have replaced successfully that would fit this unit, and if this can be done without soldering or otherwise modifying the unit? I see Noctua mentioned and note they have 40x20 and 40x10 in both 5v and 12v. Which would I need and is this worth the expense? Thank you.

Muzz

Out of interest, are the NVR's that don't have the built-in POE as noisy as those that do?

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
It's almost impossible to source the NVRs without POE.
They are no cheaper.
So, nobody fetches/stocks them.
The Hikvision 7604(B) NVR is fanless/silent.

fin

I have a no POE 7708Ni-i4 and it’s still horrendously noises as it has all the fans

rosswill

In the absence of any firm advice I have exchanged both the PSU and case fans with Noctua ones. Whilst not silent, this has made a huge difference and has reduced levels to something that is acceptable to live with, and is now I would say comparable to other devices of a similar size. It was easy and quick to do using the included OmniJoin adapter set, although this does involve cutting the ends off the original fans as a conversion from 3 to 2-pin is required (unless you have a spare correctly sized 2-pin fan cables to use), so worth keeping in mind from the invalidating of the warrantee aspect. There are 12v and 5v versions of these fans, and costs varied a fair bit from supplier to supplier. 12v versions were required for my NVR (DS-7608NI-I2/8P).
IMG_7763.jpg

mozso

This maybe helps for some of you. Different HikVision NVR (no PoE, no noisy PSU), different approach, but similar Noctua fans were used as the original DVR was really noisy with it's sole 40x40mm fan. Unfortunately it was also not silent enough, if I switched to Noctua 40x40mm fan. It was better though.

Decided to do a bit more custom setup to further decrease noise: